Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Struggle for Crossroads
08-11-2005, 07:05 PM,

I like this one also.

The only thing I would change is perhaps the consequences of the mission failing. Can they trace it back to Areya so quickly? If they have no reason to suspect anyone other than a gang of robbers, all they would do is increase the guard at the toll station. So the player gets to try it again...this time against worse odds.
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
08-11-2005, 07:25 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Cenobite
I like this one also.

The only thing I would change is perhaps the consequences of the mission failing. Can they trace it back to Areya so quickly? If they have no reason to suspect anyone other than a gang of robbers, all they would do is increase the guard at the toll station. So the player gets to try it again...this time against worse odds.

Haven't thought about this quest for some time. Nice of you to bring it up again =)

As I re-read it, I edited the text so the mission would fail if the player attacks the guards without wearing a disguise, rather than failing if he just approaches them.

I think the way I pictured it was that the player would get the quest after he's already done a bit of work for Areya, and so he's become known in the area as a rising star in House Redoran. The player's fame would mean that if he attacked them either in daylight, or without wearing a disguise at night, the guards would recognize him as that bold Redoran adventurer. Even if he kills the guards, the locals will know it was him as the guards would shout out to alarm both the townspeople and other guards -- Everyone into their homes and lock your doors, House Redoran is attacking! -- and so the way the quest needed to be done would have failed, as the player's cover was blown.

The player could concievably slaughter the whole town to keep the secret, and I might add a failsafe for that situation so the end is a bit different, but as most of the townspeople are members of House Redoran the player would make himself the most hated enemy of Redoran in the lands if he committed that atrocity.

I truly appreciate your feedback! It's very important to examine quests from all angles and make sure all loopholes are covered.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-12-2005, 10:42 PM,

Very good points!

However there is still a possibility that the player could fail on the first assault, and yet succeed at keeping his identity secret. (Either by attacking in the dead of the night or by wearing a disguise.) Would he then get another shot?

I have tons of feedback for everything! The problem is that people usually don't want to hear it. ?(
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
08-13-2005, 01:58 AM,

Yes, that's an interesting problem. What if the player starts the attack, then warps somewhere else using Divine Intervention or similar spell? I would assume the guards are set to spawn, in case he's killed one of them, and Areya would just react by the usual "you haven't finished the quest yet" response if the player sees him prematurely. I bet that detail can't be finalized until I have the actual game in my hands.
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
08-28-2005, 12:17 AM,
RE: Struggle for Crossroads
i assume this is for the Morrowind version as Oblivion will not have such factions? (sniff) i never really got into the house quests but i thought they were still cool.
08-28-2005, 12:33 AM,
RE: Struggle for Crossroads
Quote:Originally posted by Evenios
i assume this is for the Morrowind version as Oblivion will not have such factions? (sniff) i never really got into the house quests but i thought they were still cool.

I'm sure the factions aren't hardcoded, and even if they were I'm equally sure we could create the impression of a faction by stringing quests together. In either case I'm going to start with the quests first, then if there's sufficient reason we can upgrade Redoran to faction status afterwards.
Angel mired in filth
08-28-2005, 02:06 AM,

Given that Oblivion will have joinable factions, I would expect that we could create factions, too.

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
08-28-2005, 03:44 AM,

true just because the house might not be joinable doesnt mean its not there :-p.
08-28-2005, 06:41 PM,

ah, I was wondering what had come of this. Smile
Where does the light come from? ...
The same place as the music
-----
Mods Downloads
08-28-2005, 06:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by kalikut
ah, I was wondering what had come of this. Smile

It's in storage until some time after Oblivion has come out =)
Angel mired in filth