Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuff that needs modelling!
04-24-2008, 09:56 AM,

yeah i did say it was hard, but its not impossible there are be ways. So...go for it what do u have to lose anyway?
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
04-24-2008, 11:13 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by BusterWolF
yeah I did say it was hard, but its not impossible there are be ways. So...go for it what do u have to lose anyway?

Time, and time is money Tongue

Nah, just go for it
Member of -
TES IV: Black Marsh (Core Member)
04-24-2008, 03:00 PM,

I find this concept:http://paleobiology.si.edu/paleoArt/Tech.../swamp.jpg

We need much trees and plants so here a idea.
04-24-2008, 09:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Senten
I find this concept:http://paleobiology.si.edu/paleoArt/Tech.../swamp.jpg

We need much trees and plants so here a idea.

Actually, Morsyth sent me some pics of mangroves, and We could definately use those right now.

Also those spears man, it'll make swamp leviathan hunting way more fun.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
04-25-2008, 12:50 AM,

Yeah, no dramas. I've got all that stuff modelled, give me a week or so and I should have it textured and a beta nif for yas.
Also made a model of a modern hunting recurve bow, I've made it look oldschool though.
[Image: sig.jpg]
04-25-2008, 06:53 AM,

Nice, thanks a lot Morsyth.
Member of -
05-28-2008, 11:21 AM,

I was just browsing here and came across the word 'Draconian'. A few people were asking what it is so I thought I'd offer an explanation with some pics. The creature 'Draconian' probably does feature in AD&D but I first came across it as a kid when the 'Dragonlance' books first came out. As far as I know, they are the creation of the prodigious writing duo - Margaret Weis and Tracey Hickman. They were probably the first set of serious books I read once I grew bored of 'Fighting Fantasy' gamebooks. After that it was all Tolkien and proper fantasy.

The Draconian pics that you see are various from the net but the first and last one (top left and top right) is the actual Draconian as it appears in 'The Art of the Dragonlance Saga'. I think I still have this book somewhere and it has base sketches of the Draconians as they were being visualised so if anyone is thinking of modding them, let me know and I'll see if I can dig around for the book and scan them in for you.

Allow me to say that the idea of having Draconians in 'Black Marsh' is an awesome one! There have been the usual angelic creatures in Oblivion before where you give your character wings, but Draconians have that stamp of authenticity to me. They're always come across as a truly fabulous creation....like an evolved form of humanoid Dragons...not to mention the name itself, which carries some fantastic connotations. However, I wonder if there are any copyright issues with using the name itself.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
05-28-2008, 01:01 PM,

Yeah the draconians called in Black Marsh:Sarpa.Btw nice pictures Ibsen :goodjob:
06-05-2008, 10:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
I was just browsing here and came across the word 'Draconian'. A few people were asking what it is so I thought I'd offer an explanation with some pics. The creature 'Draconian' probably does feature in AD&D but I first came across it as a kid when the 'Dragonlance' books first came out. As far as I know, they are the creation of the prodigious writing duo - Margaret Weis and Tracey Hickman. They were probably the first set of serious books I read once I grew bored of 'Fighting Fantasy' gamebooks. After that it was all Tolkien and proper fantasy.

The Draconian pics that you see are various from the net but the first and last one (top left and top right) is the actual Draconian as it appears in 'The Art of the Dragonlance Saga'. I think I still have this book somewhere and it has base sketches of the Draconians as they were being visualised so if anyone is thinking of modding them, let me know and I'll see if I can dig around for the book and scan them in for you.

Allow me to say that the idea of having Draconians in 'Black Marsh' is an awesome one! There have been the usual angelic creatures in Oblivion before where you give your character wings, but Draconians have that stamp of authenticity to me. They're always come across as a truly fabulous creation....like an evolved form of humanoid Dragons...not to mention the name itself, which carries some fantastic connotations. However, I wonder if there are any copyright issues with using the name itself.

haha I actually just remembered where they were from. Dragonlance...god I loved those books, they were just so entoxicating. lol.
Though I'd prefer to call them Draconians, Senten is right they are called Sarpa. But there is no harm in making them "Draconians" by imperial and other races standards, its just simple ignorance. Like Dunmer = Dark Elf, Bosmer = Wood elf, etc, etc.
Royal Argonian Shaman - Deputy Leader! hahahaha
06-06-2008, 09:40 AM,

Agreed, but only let the imperials refer to them as Draconians. And let all the other races just call them Sarpa.
Member of -