Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Submission Guidelines
08-11-2005, 12:08 AM,
Submission Guidelines
These rules take effect as of 2005-08-11 and don't apply to plugins submitted before that date. That's not to say there weren't any rules at all before that, they were just informal.

1. Deciding to submit a plugin to Silgrad Tower is a permanent decision.

2. When you submit a plugin, by uploading it as a attachment to a new thread on this board, an editor will look over your work and if we find anything that needs to be changed we'll let you know, so you have the chance to edit it exactly the way you like. Sometimes, particularly if the problems are minor, a reviewer might do the edit himself to speed things along. If you don't want that, please communicate that in your post so there isn't any misunderstandings.

3. If you want to use third-party resources in your plugin, that's okay as long as:
a) you've made sure they're not already in our plugin
b) you make good use of it (i.e. the player can experience it; a weapon on an enemy NPC, a clothes item worn by someone, etc)
c) you have permission by the author to use it (the readme of their release usually says if any modder can use it, if they want to approve each use, or if no modder is allowed to use it at all)
d) you communicate to us who made the thing you want to use. If you also write a little about it, for easy entry into our Credit list, that'd be highly appreciated but is not a requirement.

4. Put greetings in category 5 and nowhere else, please. All our greetings are (or should be) in that category, and they are pure hell to move around afterwards.

5. A good rule of thumb for any plugin you create is to ask yourself: does it make sense? Is it believable? Our project isn't strictly bound by lore, but we feel that lore can enrich the game and make it more enjoyable for players who've taken the time to understand the Elder Scrolls universe. Along the same lines we don't feel it's a good idea to break the immersion by making everything fantastical. Sometimes a sewer just has to be a sewer and not a massing hall for a Daedric-clad undead Army of Doom, so to speak... without the mundane, nothing would be special, and sometimes the challenge lies in making the mundane interesting as well.

6. While we'll reference these rules to modders when we can, we assume everyone who submits a plugin after the date specified above are aware of them. Kindof like the old "ignorance of the law is not an excuse" policy used in many of life's circumstances.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]