Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion for organizing the quests
06-08-2005, 04:29 PM,
Suggestion for organizing the quests
This is just my personal suggestion on how we can organize the quest suggestions (pitches, drafts, whatever you want to call them) for Silgrad Tower: Oblivion.

1a) Quest suggestions can be posted and discussed here
1b) Alternatively, the quest suggestions can be entered straight into the Content Manager if that's preferrable in that circumstance - but don't release them.

2) Quests from this forum are edited and reposted in the "Lyrics: Quests" section of the Content Manager. Any forum Moderator or Admin can choose to repost the quest in the Content Manager - but don't release them.

3) When it has been reposted in Conpresso, the thread on this board where the quest is discussed can be locked. In my personal opinion, it should. If you do, kindly post an edit in the initial post so readers know why it was locked and kindly include a link to the article in Conpresso. As it probably isn't released at that time, the link won't work then, but once it's released the link will work for the foreseeable future.

4) Valderon then logs into the Content Manager, reviews the quests that have been entered, and after checking them out and assigning them numbers, he releases them. Val can also enter and release his own quest suggestions as he sees fit.

EDIT: There is a loosely-regulated "CMS moderator" concept in place right now, and so far only used once, whereby Haplo has full editorial rights in the "Telvanni Quest Path" section. That means he can enter, change, delete and release any articles there. So far he hasn't added anything, but I hope he does when he has time and familiarizies himself with the CMS.

If there's interest in expanding this function with additional CMS moderators, I could set it up, if someone wants to devote time organizing a specific category of quests. The core would have to give their [Image: icon16.gif] to it first. Here's an idea on how we could do that:
- The CMS moderator enters his working material without releasing the quest articles
- When he's finished with a quest, he releases it and sends a forum PM to Valderon, who designates it with a number (leaving it in the folder)
- the CMS moderator can continue working on it if he/she wants, but not in a way that affects the number designation

Creating a category for a CSM moderator would require a logical categorization of those quests in the greater structure. I.e., come up with a good name which makes sense and encompasses the scope of the quests you want to work on. "Reich Parkeep Misc. Quests", to take an example.

Any thoughts?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-08-2005, 04:58 PM,
Good idea!
I like your approach Razorwing.

I would recommend 1a instead of 1b just to keep Conpresso cleaner.... otherwise we could end up with lots of unfinished or partial quest ideas that would need to be cleaned out. Use the forums for quest ideas and concepts, allow votes or comments.

Then when a near-final quest story is decided upon, go to step 2.

Ben
So what happened to the Dwemer?
06-08-2005, 05:14 PM,
RE: Good idea!
Quote:Originally posted by Ben Vagara
I like your approach Razorwing.

I would recommend 1a instead of 1b just to keep Conpresso cleaner.... otherwise we could end up with lots of unfinished or partial quest ideas that would need to be cleaned out. Use the forums for quest ideas and concepts, allow votes or comments.

Then when a near-final quest story is decided upon, go to step 2.

Ben

Thanks!

I meant to direct suggestion 1b to moderators and admins (and webmaster, i.e., me) if they want to add a quest suggestion using their judgement. I personally think there are circumstances where that would be preferrable, for example if a forum moderator finds a nice and detailed quest suggestion buried in the archive of the old forum. As only mods / webmaster / admins should be able to have access to that section of the CMS, I trust they'll use their heads =)

I forgot to mention a thing about Haplo's setup, so I'll make an edit of the initial post.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]