Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Requirements
07-13-2005, 11:49 PM,

Everyday between 00:01 and 23:59 at The Raven. This is why modding is absolutely off topic there.

But ... :hmm: ... are there really any anonymous modders? Most of them are quite known I think. Wink

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
07-14-2005, 04:42 PM,

Oh yes, there are quite a few...from the very early days of modding, I think. Before the inclusion of a read-me document was established as a standard. Lots of mods that we have no idea who to credit (or blame) for their existence.

(Sorry...couldn't resist giving a serious answer to the joke.) Big Grin
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
07-20-2005, 07:37 AM,
Graphics cards...
Currently I have retailers trying to sell me 7 and 1/2 thousand dollar graphics cards... does that seem just a little ridiculous to anybody?

Oh and Im going with a desktop rather than a laptop since the miniaturization of the graphics card and other hardware adds about 2000 aus dollars onto the price and reduces the quality of what the machine puts out (in a sense). :banana:
"Quod me nutrit me destruit"
"That which nourishes me destroys me"
07-20-2005, 08:20 AM,

I have a 2 1/2 year old Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb and it runs most recent games like BF2 and HL2 on high settings. I think it should be able to handle Oblivion on at least medium. I may upgrade that later though. I only paid $275 (american) for it, but I don't know what that is in aus. :eek:
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
07-20-2005, 04:41 PM,

I think one the more recent dev quotes said something to the effect of:
If you want to play Oblivion at full settings, expect to need the best computer available when the game is released.

So, at least to me, a top-of-the-line graphics card wouldn't be a waste of money, and that's what I'm personally aiming for Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-06-2005, 09:09 AM,

I upgraded my PC for HL2, and so have an AMD 64 3000+ waiting for oblivion. My only concern is my pathetic 512 ram, but Im getting another stick soon, and my X700 Pro should be alright. Roll on TES4!

Ans regarding AMD vs Intel - if youre doing graphics editing or movie encoding, go for Intel. If youre playing games, go for AMD. If you want to pay much more than you should for a certain speed, go for Intel.
Things get hot when there's an Inferno str1ke

Back from outer space.
08-12-2005, 09:48 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
I think one the more recent dev quotes said something to the effect of:
If you want to play Oblivion at full settings, expect to need the best computer available when the game is released.
But this begs another question: what were the developers using to make Oblivion? They all say that TES4 has been in production since Morrowind was finished, which means 2002!
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
08-13-2005, 04:48 AM,

They upgrade a lot, and they probably use the same kind of hardware that would cost a normal person a new car.

Like possibly: That could possibly be some of what they use... :lol::poorme:

-NR
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
08-15-2005, 02:38 PM,

Quote:If you want to play Oblivion at full settings, expect to need the best computer available when the game is released.
Jes, that's it. It's coming new graphics cards every week... Better and better.
Those cards, witch cost jet thousands of $/? will cost in a year just a few hundreds... So wait for Oblivion (some weeks before release) and buy
new parts then.
[Image: topbanner.gif]
08-28-2005, 12:13 AM,
both versions?
Its sad to say but i overlooked one minor detail when getting my dell compute a year ago.

it doesnt HAVE ANY AGP or PCI-Express slots!!! it has a Radeon 9800 128 meg pro card but it must be custom made for dell and uses a regular PCI slot!!

so that means id have to basically ugrade the motherboard and or by a new computer! which....i really dont have the money to do right now.

however i can run everquest 2 pretty well which is a graphics intence game as well as no problems with half life 2

(mines a 3.4 ghz pentium 4 with 1 gig of ram) just cant upgrade the graphics

it shoudnt be a big problem i hope but i am getting the xbox 360 since i wont be able to upgrade my graphics and cuz it looks purdy too :-) most definatly will get the PC version for the mods but i'll have to rent oblivion for xbox 360 to see how it will compare.