Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES Apocalypse?
09-22-2007, 05:00 PM,
TES Apocalypse?
Is it me, or is everything going to hell lately? TESSource is dead, TESDB lasted about a nanosecond and TESNexus is hardly the best invention since sliced bread, Silgrad Tower went down due to a server change, (OK, that's not bad, I think) and PES looks all ugly and the links aren't working.

It seems that many sites hosting not only Morrowind mods, but also OB, are collapsing. The closure of Thelys hurt me, it was where I first came across morrowind mods. That was some time ago. But on a 'Morrowind Mod Site List', half the links dont work, supposedly because the sites are dead.

And PES seems to be turning out less than one mod a week now, which are usually 'updates' or bug fixes.

As I said when I first joined, I would very much like to see not just ST, but all of MW returned to its former glory, in the pre-OB era. OK, so the latter is pretty impossible now. But with the joining of some new modders to the TES3 team, hopefully we're on the up.

I will, as long as this project runs, continue to take a part in it. I admit, I may be slow with my claims, even if I do have many other comittments. There may be times when I dont post for ages, (partly due to the banning of this site on my college computers Big Grin) but dont assume that I've given up! I think that Bob is doing a fabulous job of keeping this running, and modders such as agram seem to be excellently comitted to their work.

Damn, I'm making this sound like a leaving speech, I'm not leaving, honest! :bananarock:

But I cant help but feel that forces beyond our control IE: site admin, servers etc (well, perhaps not beyond Bob's control) will eventually bring everything around us down. Morrowind's popularity is waning, and will site hosters be willing to continue to support us? Will the TES3 project be booted from the site?

Just a thought.
Will start working again for TES3 Project soon....sometime.
09-22-2007, 06:19 PM,

You are worrying too much:
Tessource/nexus was a good thing. Darkone wanted more freedom, and now he has it. SO was the ST move, we are much faster now. PES barely has any new submissions because 1: PEs is a crappy site 2: It's september, nothing happens in september. Kick the TES3 project from the forum? Not that I know, of course, what is being said in the core forum, but the forge is not discussing this.
09-23-2007, 01:21 AM,

Howdy

I must admit at times I feel the same way (Exethalion) about Morrowind loosing steam. But I have seen this before and again and again and it always comes back.

As far as I know we (ES3 Silgrad) are hear for ever! Thier has been no discussion to remove ES3 Silgrad from the site. We will keep working it for as long as it takes until we have a beautiful landmass with many things to do. And as you know these things take time, but I am in no rush, I would like to have a new release before the end of the year, but as of right now I only see that as a possible not a definite

We really need someone dedicated and adept at writing dialogues, I can do it but it takes me longer than average. So if thier is a call to put out that would be it.

But we are here, I am dedicated to Silgrad MW and I know agram is as well

Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-23-2007, 06:32 PM,

Cool. I like your enthusiasm! Well, you guys are the experienced ones, so I'll take your word for it. I'll try and put some more work into my claiming in the future.

I feel better now. :bananarock: :banana:
:jump:
Will start working again for TES3 Project soon....sometime.
09-23-2007, 07:27 PM,

Big Grin

Cool

Now get to work :lmao:

Enjoy
Diet Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories