Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES4Gecko 15.0 [Public read-only thread]
02-21-2008, 04:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by SACarrow

Bob: It's the Enchanted Editor for Oblivion. One of the "big three" in the OB world, with the other two being Wrye Bash and TES4Edit. Since TES4Gecko is sandor's preferred tool and it's written in Java (my language of choice)...........

Steve
I use the other programs as well and don't forget TESsnip.
For merging I prefer the Gecko.

blue[/HR]
@SACarrow

I prepared a test case in which the "could not find previous info" error shows up. In the past it happened when altering existing infos, ScripterRon fixed that problem a while back.

EDIT
This error is related to deleting infos.

If you're interested I could prepare other test cases because I am aware of at least 2 other bugs.

The mod alteration report seems to work fine. Smile
I'll create more contaminated files with lots of problems and check the result.

EDIT see above.
Dum loquor, hora fugit  - While I speak the time flies

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
02-21-2008, 04:36 PM,

Quote:If you're interested I could prepare other test cases because I am aware of at least 2 other bugs.

OK. I am interested in fixing bugs, particularly ones it seems that I introduced. Smile

Before I undertook this, I poked around in BSF threads to see if the others did the things I wanted. It's possible they did and I wasn't looking for the right terms.

sandor: What is your evaluations for the (dis)advantages of each program for plugin manipulation?

Thanks,
Steve
02-21-2008, 04:48 PM,

Quote:If you're interested I could prepare other test cases because I am aware of at least 2 other bugs.

OK. I am interested in fixing bugs, particularly ones it seems that I introduced. Smile

Thanks,
Steve
I don't think you introduced the "could not find previous info" error.
It was known to me before you started to modify the Gecko.

I'll create another test case within a few days, it's about deleting cells.

What is your evaluations for the (dis)advantages of each program for plugin manipulation?
I'll make a list of the functions I use from the other programs.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-11-2008, 05:13 PM,

sandor: What is your evaluations for the (dis)advantages of each program for plugin manipulation?
In the past I used TESsnip to inject new master dependencies, currently I would use TES4Edit.

TES4edit.

- Batch editing
- Injecting master dependencies.
- High detailed viewing.
- Changing VWD settings.

Wrye.

- Time stamp changes.

Could this be added to the Gecko?

Is it possible to add a function to expand distinct nodes when right-clicking on a interior cell block (to see every cell)?

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
03-19-2008, 03:31 PM,

Quote:Is it possible to add a function to expand distinct nodes when right-clicking on a interior cell block (to see every cell)?

Can you give me screens of the before and after for the scenario above? It seems simple enough to implement, but I want to understand how much expansion you want.

Thanks,
Steve
03-19-2008, 05:00 PM,

I attached the screenshots.

sandor has attached these images (downsized versions):
[Image: th_11878_Before.jpg] [Image: th_11879_After.jpg]
Before.jpg (139.38 KB) | After.jpg (232.03 KB)

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-05-2008, 09:31 PM,
Newest version
I have not yet started the merging issue, sandor, but I wanted to put the latest version out there for testing. Among the features that this version has are:
  • The ability to copy quests and associated topics to the clipboard and then create an ESP suitable for LIP file generation,
  • The ability to generate reports on objects modified within a certain plugin that are defined in master files to detect contamination.
  • The ability to dump quest or NPC dialogue into a text file, or to modify that text file and put the result back into the plugin.
  • The cloning of dialogue quests by selecting a quest and associated topics, copying them to the clipboard, renumbering the form IDs and renaming the quest.
  • Now the clipboard can be saved to a new file and then cleared to allow for further copying and saving. Also saving is now disabled unless something has actually changed.
  • Also fixed the deleted topic merging bug.

I've also started changing the display of subrecords so that the display reflects the type of the subrecord. Since there are alot of subrecords and types, this is still a WiP; all the ones I haven't gotten to are still listed as byte arrays. Feel free to report any types that are known to you, as well as any errors or unknown OB functions that pop up. Smile

Most of these changes are in the right-click menus over the various tree nodes of both plugin and clipboard. Currently there are RC menus associated with the following odes:

Plugin:
Base node
DIAL top group
CELL top group
NPC_ record
QUST record

Clipboard:
Base node
DIAL top group
QUST record

Feel free to post or PM any questions,
Steve
06-07-2008, 12:19 PM,
RE: Newest version
Also fixed the deleted topic merging bug; sandor, could you test that with v2.99 and that Ald Nium ESP?
:check:

Thanks for the update. Smile

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-08-2008, 01:38 PM,
RE: Newest version
I merged the AldNiumQuest01 (original) file to the esm v2.99 ---> All went well.

I merged the Dial fix (deleting Gray Fox and Martin infos, StCrime) to the esm (from the testcase) ---> The error showed up.

I made a new file (attached) based on the current esm (v3.08) and merged it to the esm --> The error showed up.

Ovid 43 BC - 17 AD
06-08-2008, 08:17 PM,

Thanks. With your ESP, I discovered that when "chained" responses are deleted (where one form ID is in the PNAM of the other), order of processing matters. I changed the order and that error disappeared, but I got another about not finding quest 011C29C7 in topic GREETING. But I can't find that quest in ST at all. Any thoughts?

Steve