Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting anims for new creatures
03-06-2010, 11:13 PM,
Getting anims for new creatures
Hello all,

I'm just updating the creatures folder for the Black Marsh archive. I've got through quite a number of creatures so far that are ready to maul the unwary PC but I got to the point of adding Malo and Elveon's 'Spider Creature' and realised I couldn't go any further.

Basically, I haven't a clue about the animations tab when you're adding a new creature. Previously, I've had the good fortune to be using the existing skeleton of a vanilla model which has the animations already loaded up for it but this spider, despite using the Spider Daedra combat style, appears to have its own anims. The animation window is completely blank and I haven't a clue how to fill it and what to do with it.

Btw, there's nothing showing up in the model list either. Would I be okay to just edit a Spider Daedra entry in the CS?

Can anybody enlighten me, please?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-09-2010, 08:57 PM,

Can anyone help with this? :eek:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-09-2010, 11:28 PM,

the animations need to be in the same folder as the skeleton you're using, same as with the models. if your model is a retexture or remodel of the spider daedra, it would be simplest to dump its files into the deadra's and then copy the deadra reference and change the applicable data.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
03-11-2010, 11:24 PM,

You need to make sure that the models and anims are in the same folder as the skeleton, as Lady N said. Then you'll have to load up the skeleton on the main tab of the creature, click the preview button and then the models should show up in the model list. you might get some error messages when you first click preview, but that's because you wont have loaded up the models yet.