Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TES5 an MMORPG?
11-02-2007, 11:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Alasdair
Judging from the articles though, it isn't Bethesda that's developing it, but another studio with MMO experience owned by Zenimax. This leaves Beth free to develop a proper ES5 - unless of course ES5 is never made, and Bethesda focuses solely on Fallout games...

Hopefully they will be shifting some of the people who have previously worked on ES games into that department though (but if MK isn't on board, I might aswell jump on the Sunbird's of Alinor Express, and fly off to the Madhouse were I can lose my mind Tongue).

And I highly doubt that Beth will ever drop ES, it's their main game series, it's like the only thing keeping them going, and it houses their biggest fan base.
11-03-2007, 06:37 AM,

All very interesting... Thanks for the link sandor. :goodjob:
11-04-2007, 08:23 AM,

Maybe playing the online game will stir interest with some players to explore the world of Elder Scrolls more indepth. And what better way to do that than to pick up Oblivion and start modding? Should bode well for the "Skyrim for Oblivion" team in that case Big Grin But hopefully for us too, in a way.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
11-06-2007, 04:11 PM,

It'd be excellent to have a MMORPG TES. But it would be more then dumb to include only one provincy...
I hope Bethesda will do it.
11-06-2007, 07:59 PM,

Provinces = Expansion Material
Lol what?
11-06-2007, 09:22 PM,

me thinks more then one provice would be dumb, namely because of work load. The only way that would work is if they did it ala Daggerfall and covered parts of several provinces (wich would be interesting). otherwise, do one province but at a realistic scale.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
11-07-2007, 06:39 PM,

I don't think it would be that hard to make a province expansion. MMO's aren't as advanced as single player games. There's not so much work to do compared to Oblivion, the work load would probably be on a scale of Morrowind. Not to mention they're supposed to be professionals, it's their jobs, to us it's just a hobby. Other MMO's do this sort of stuff all the time, Guild Wars, WoW, and so on.
Lol what?
11-07-2007, 09:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
I don't think it would be that hard to make a province expansion. MMO's aren't as advanced as single player games. There's not so much work to do compared to Oblivion, the work load would probably be on a scale of Morrowind. Not to mention they're supposed to be professionals, it's their jobs, to us it's just a hobby. Other MMO's do this sort of stuff all the time, Guild Wars, WoW, and so on.

*cough* Morrowind's workload was considerably more then OB...
11-08-2007, 05:54 PM,

Because they had to hand place eveything Tongue

If you have an Oblivion-like mmo, sure you can keep the graphics, but you have NPC's that don't move around, probably without any voiced dialogue even. Creatures spawn based on area, so there is no need for levelled lists. Not to mention all of the design setbacks that oblivion has would probably be corrected to produce an mmo more easily. You also introduce the region editor so no landscapes need to be hand placed, And there you go, it's simple.
Lol what?
11-08-2007, 10:36 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
Because they had to hand place eveything Tongue

If you have an Oblivion-like mmo, sure you can keep the graphics, but you have NPC's that don't move around, probably without any voiced dialogue even. Creatures spawn based on area, so there is no need for levelled lists. Not to mention all of the design setbacks that oblivion has would probably be corrected to produce an mmo more easily. You also introduce the region editor so no landscapes need to be hand placed, And there you go, it's simple.

Morrowind also had more textures and models, more quests, and more Dialogue, aswell as more interior cells, and exterior landmass Tongue a much, much, bigger job for creating MW.