Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking Weapon Disucssion
06-01-2007, 08:10 AM,
Talking Weapon Disucssion
Okay so I was working on Virtue, well it got complicated and there were too many bugs and problems. Damn it was complicated, anyway I scrapped it and I am no wondering if it is still wanted?

If you are still wanting a Talking blade, you know the sould trapped in a weapon type of thing, then I will need a lot of new details and this time best to flesh it out.

Here is what is needed:

Name: Gotta have a good name
Personality: Insane, Scared, whatvever
Look: Should it be a claymore, shortsword
Abilities: What can it do? what spells it has, all that stuff

Other stuff as well like:

Player Influence: Should it have an influence on the player, like the quests they can take.

Any other ideas would be great as well.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
06-01-2007, 02:54 PM,
RE: Talking Weapon Disucssion
I think having a talking sword would be a nice egg!

Lilarcor Mod was very very popular with the players

I like the idea and still feel we should have it

Name: ? Something Dwemer, it should be a Dwemer weapon claymore possibly

Personality: I would say scared and partically Insane, looking for revenge maybe?

My assumption being that the Dwemer trapped this person within the sword, most likely an experiment, the person was probably chimer soldier or mage who was captured and used as a giunea pig...my take on it ... others may vary Smile

Look: As above, Claymore

Abilities: depends on what the npc trapped inside it was, mage, fighter etc etc

Influence: I do not think the sword should influence the player.
But should attempt to influence certain acts in order to escape from its trap. It might tell the player (for example) if you make this potion and pour it on me It will give me more power for you to use. But the underline is that the potion will help the spirit in the sword to escape
(thats if it is a mage trapped inside) ( it might know these things)

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
06-01-2007, 03:18 PM,

I always liked the idea of the poetic scythe
06-04-2007, 08:59 AM,
RE: Talking Weapon Disucssion
Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
I think having a talking sword would be a nice egg!

Lilarcor Mod was very very popular with the players

I like the idea and still feel we should have it

Name: ? Something Dwemer, it should be a Dwemer weapon claymore possibly

Personality: I would say scared and partically Insane, looking for revenge maybe?

My assumption being that the Dwemer trapped this person within the sword, most likely an experiment, the person was probably chimer soldier or mage who was captured and used as a giunea pig...my take on it ... others may vary Smile

Look: As above, Claymore

Abilities: depends on what the npc trapped inside it was, mage, fighter etc etc

Influence: I do not think the sword should influence the player.
But should attempt to influence certain acts in order to escape from its trap. It might tell the player (for example) if you make this potion and pour it on me It will give me more power for you to use. But the underline is that the potion will help the spirit in the sword to escape
(thats if it is a mage trapped inside) ( it might know these things)

Enjoy
Bob

Thats actually quite good there Bob, the hardest bit is the name, the rest is quite easy when wrote down.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
06-04-2007, 08:56 PM,

I think an insane tortured chimer inside a sword would do quite nicely. Maybe there's a quest to free it from it's misery? Thus opening up a new part of the ruins.

Or if you instead chose to use it, it should get a bonus against any and all dwemer creations or ghosts. So sphere centurions, steam centurions, spider centurions, dwemer ghosts, anything else
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
06-05-2007, 07:47 AM,

Never thought of a quest for it. Nice ideas though and easily implemented.
06-07-2007, 01:25 PM,

I have decided to get to work, thread closed.