Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talu Swamp Development
08-31-2010, 12:27 AM,

Yes, I'd like to stick with those trees. I like the shape of them. However, as Deeza says, the Arnesian jungle should be much more interesting anyway and I already a number of interesting supplemental trees I might use although I was considering mainly using them for show around settlements. I see where you were coming from with the branch structure though. They're like what I requested a while back.

And don't worry about not seeing any new Arnesian trees for the beta. People will still be able to patrol around the borderlands of the new regions....

@ Deeza - I was hoping to mod a bit more of the border between Darkmoor and the Talu swamps before I go for a merge but I reckon I'm best off starting that work anew. However, I'll need to submit a patch update of new models before I add my own files to the esm thread.

Talking of which, do you think it best to create a new texture for the fort tileset that we're planning to create Blackrose out of? That's probably the main point to consider at this stage, especially as I'd like to see slitted windows in there as well (which will probably require an extra model or one adapted from the Soulrest windows)....anyway, I have a pretty huge collection of textures now on standby. I'll see what I can find.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
08-31-2010, 07:50 AM,

I think it would be a great idea to sort the fort texture out now. One thing you should watch out for is that the meshes I'm going to use for the bases of the towers don't use the normal texture: Static/Dungeons/FortRuins/RFCastleBaseA through to CastleBaseD

They were never used in vanilla, so they'd be a good choice, but have an unusual texture, so they made need their own.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
08-31-2010, 04:40 PM,

I'll see what I can do with textures then. I'll post up screenshots whatever the results so others can have a stab at the textures and see what they can come up with. If you can either list or send the meshes you're planning on using then it will help me to test things out and get the models ready for use...
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
08-31-2010, 05:34 PM,

I think I'll send them. That would be easiest.

08-31-2010, 06:29 PM,

Okay, thanks. I fancy switching my attentions to something different like texturing anyhow.
08-31-2010, 06:34 PM,

I'll send you a PM with the meshes linked in later tonight.

08-31-2010, 07:04 PM,

Cheers. :goodjob:
09-05-2010, 08:12 PM,

I just thought I'd offer an update on how the landscaping is going. I had a bit of a burst of energy with it lately and seem to be well over a third, almost a half, done. I decided to stop though considering the fact that I really should be concentrating on the beta areas. Darkmoor, for example, still needs doing and that's the gateway to the swamps.

Anyway, here's how my planning sheet looks. Every white cell is a modded cell. I've stretched about as far as the mangrove region but need to finish off the bit in the middle.
09-05-2010, 09:10 PM,

Dang, IG, that's a lot of progress! You sure have been working hard.

You deserve a cookie!

*runs and looks for cookie smile....*

Well, there is no cookie smiley, so I hope you're happy with this:

:bananarock:

......come on now! Bananas are GOOD for you!

Big Grin

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-05-2010, 10:14 PM,

Wow! That's some fantastic work you've been doing there! I'm feeling more and more optimistic about a release for this project, sooner rather than later.