Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaser Ideas
05-28-2007, 03:25 AM,
Teaser Ideas
As the issue of a teaser came up in the Official Forum Thread , Please share your ideas for a Teaser. It needs to be....
  • Easily made with current resources / 3-D models
  • Able to be made quickly by 1-2 dedicated members
  • Exhibit many aspects of Vvardenfell in a small space
a long ago teaser was the Morrowind Import Shop but that has gotten lost. Please, all ideas welcome!
05-28-2007, 07:43 AM,

like a video or game demo.Why not wlaking off a boat on seyda neen.Save the cencus and exise chargen for a while if you want.One small quest show an interior or 2.slideshow of concept art.
05-28-2007, 10:42 AM,

Hmm yes, exiting the boat of Seyda Neen. When you walk into Seyda Neen Fargoth walks up to the player:
F: Have you seen my ring?
You: I bet the guards took it
F: Hey but you're wearing it!
You: No I don't (dark/low voice Tongue)
*hand moves to the sword of the player*

It does takes a lot of scripting but would be awesome Tongue
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
05-28-2007, 01:02 PM,

:lol:

A video would be pretty cool, but it'd need to be done well, and some programs take up loads of memory.
05-28-2007, 01:21 PM,

Some PCs have lots of memory Tongue
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
05-28-2007, 01:31 PM,

:yes: That's very true indeed, but ever tried uploading 125mb of video somewhere? Could take a long time. We could ask Razorwing what he uses to make the teaser video things of Reich Parkeep, his are uploaded to youtube IIRC.
05-29-2007, 03:00 AM,

Is Seyda Neen Done (I thought there was a tileset shortage there) , or would Maar Gan be a better call? You could just stick a colllision box around Maar Gan that says 'You are leaving the demo area' when the player hits it, but allows them to walk through and explore the empty heightmap if they want. It would peek the player's interest, and then allow them to explore areas that they know and love from TES III. Dave, did you ever get fast travel to work with the in game map? You could also earmark a few of the notable locations of Vvardenfell that the player might want to see for fast travel. (Red Mtn, etc).
05-29-2007, 03:24 AM,

At first, yes. Then the map stopped working, it still needs looking into. I was planning on setting up noticeable area markers, but the idea faded when the map stopped working. I'd give it another go when the world map gets sorted though. :yes:
05-29-2007, 08:47 PM,

What went wrong with the world map?
05-29-2007, 08:53 PM,

It won't show up. It's beyond my skill to fix, but it might only be in my game because I tweaked it. Lightwave originally setup the map, I believe so there should be a backup of it somewhere, if not we can set it up again. Shouldn't be too much trouble.