Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teaser Ideas
06-01-2007, 02:24 PM,

I suspect the map marker issue is probably another 'load-order' issue. Each mod uses a different index number, so if you're cross-referencing something in one mod that relies on another mod, they'll have different index values.
e.g. Lets say you fire up Oblivion.esm, the Heightmap ESP, the Region Data ESP and Maar Gan, then the FormIDs in RegionData start with 02 and Maar Gan starts with 03. If you create map markers for Maar Gaan in a new ESP (or Maar Gan) then they'll be trying to reference positions and if something is missed on the merge (how did you merge them btw), when they become one mod they could point to the wrong index.

The only way to get anything consistent in this TES4 mallarky seems either to shift every separate file in to modindex 00 or shift them in to an ESM.
The more you can do in a single ESP and not use separate ESPs, the better really.

For whatever reason I noticed you put your map in a different location to the first one I produced (a couple of sub-directories). Is that because it's the only way it worked for you, or was it done out of choice?

Btw, I don't mind what you want to do with releasing the heightmap, it's already 'released' on this forum and access is unrestricted. There's been over 200 downloads so far and is pretty easy for anyone to make it themselves using the most recent version of TESAnnwyn; they just export the heightmap, vertex colour map and texture placement map in one command, enlarge all 3 images in Photoshop, blur the heightmap image 2-3 times then reimport using TESAnnwyn. Really TESAnnwyn was written for this TES4: Vvardenfell project, I'm not sure if (or more like when) I would have written a heightmap importer/exporter otherwise, though I suspect it'd have been done eventually.

Quote:InsanitySorrow: Anyway yeah would be great. Need more modelers, anyway we can replicate people round here Smile
Edit: Maybe Lightwave could create a program to do it, we just need the device then. Make one hell of a work force Smile
Ummm, yeah, I'm not quite sure how to go about tackling that one ...:confused:
06-01-2007, 03:36 PM,

Quote:For whatever reason I noticed you put your map in a different location to the first one I produced (a couple of sub-directories). Is that because it's the only way it worked for you, or was it done out of choice?
It was the only way it worked for me.

If it is a load order issue with the maps, I'll try disabling all mods except Oblivion, the heightmap, and Region Data esp. If that doesn't work I may have done something wrong with the directories or something somewhere.