Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telekenisis Damage
04-16-2007, 01:20 AM,
Telekenisis Damage
I was just reading an old post about cliffracers dropping rocks on people. I was wondering how difficult it would be to make held items cause damage to enemies, or perhaps even be able to move enemies (Though this would probably take alot of scripting). If this were viable, I think people would get alot more use out of the telekenisis spell.
04-16-2007, 01:25 AM,

Very hard! PJ was working it a mod like this a while back, but to many conflicts/bugs....
The rider in black is always watching......
04-16-2007, 01:27 AM,

I figured as much, but thought it wouldn't hurt to throw it out there.
04-24-2007, 09:12 PM,

It would be realistic though. It's a bit dull when NPC's don't really react when you throw bricks off them. Big Grin
04-24-2007, 09:47 PM,

Hmm you know the rockslides that occur sometimes in the realms of oblivion? Well each rock there is havok'd to do damage when it hits you. I'm not sure how, because i'm a nifnoob. But that does mean it's possible, unless i'm mistaken and the rockslide damage is script governed.

Theoretically, if you could apply the same settings to those landslide rocks, you could make things damage people proportional to their mass and velocity. Of course it'd be very hard, and take a tremendous toll on your computer, but it *could* be done.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-24-2007, 10:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Hmm you know the rockslides that occur sometimes in the realms of oblivion? Well each rock there is havok'd to do damage when it hits you. I'm not sure how, because i'm a nifnoob. But that does mean it's possible, unless i'm mistaken and the rockslide damage is script governed.

Theoretically, if you could apply the same settings to those landslide rocks, you could make things damage people proportional to their mass and velocity. Of course it'd be very hard, and take a tremendous toll on your computer, but it *could* be done.
use the fire script...

some fires hurt people

in mw i made an offensive telekinisis spell via making the npc levitate then damaging it..... kinda fun. got boring after a while though...
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
04-24-2007, 11:20 PM,

Ahh but those fires always hurt people. We want items to only hurt when they're thrown. Similar to how if you stand on a brick, you are fine. but if you are HIT with a brick... now that's bad.

it would also be cool if you could use telekenesis to "throw" arrows and swords... wouldn't impaling someone with arrows be fun? Just poke them repeatedly! Or you could stab them long distance with a sword.

If you can't do that in TES5 i'll be mad
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-28-2007, 07:23 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Ahh but those fires always hurt people. We want items to only hurt when they're thrown. Similar to how if you stand on a brick, you are fine. but if you are HIT with a brick... now that's bad.

it would also be cool if you could use telekenesis to "throw" arrows and swords... wouldn't impaling someone with arrows be fun? Just poke them repeatedly! Or you could stab them long distance with a sword.

If you can't do that in TES5 i'll be mad
hmmm cool idea

i wish i could do that.
Quote:A_flyboy: p.s. teabagging banana! ==>:bananarock:<== oh no a michal jackson class noob!!!!!!
final reclaimer: woohoo MC teabag time
Quote:Arbiter
Hmm.... the Guar Chief speaks of epic en devour. Big Grin
04-28-2007, 12:23 PM,

In SI you got blocks that cause damage, at least to NPC's if they hit them when moving. The blocks can be moved by physics. You encounter them in the SI MQ Wink
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
04-30-2007, 12:22 AM,

Look at this (more specifically at the video): http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index....pic=675972

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's pretty neat none the less. Smile
When the game is over, the King and the Pawn go back into the same box.