Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Telvanni Quest Line
06-01-2005, 11:01 PM,
Telvanni Quest Line
OK then, I'll be posting the Telvanni outline, along with updates, here.

If you would like to attack me, applaud me, frame me, poison me, call me, or even kick me in the rear for any reason whatsoever, please hold that urge until the end of the ride. Enjoy!

---
Quest Creator: Haplo12345
Quest Areas: Park, Town Square, Ancestral Tomb, various shops/buildings, Surrounding Area.

NPCs Involved:
-Lord High Councillor Valderon - Male Dunmer
-Councillor Vort Grathras - Male Dunmer
-Hlaalu Representative - Goldar Valen
-Temple Representative - Tedyne Salvi
-Councillor Vort's Mouth - Roela Vellum
-Wealthy Landowner - Grylith Branor

Prerequisites:
-All Valderon Starter Quests
-Player is a member of Great House Telvanni

---
Insert Valderon Starter Quests HERE
---
Player is offered the chance to go have a look around the town and decide for himself which of the groups of Silgrad he wishes to join. If he chooses the Telvanni, then all others are permanently closed down and this one is opened up.
---

Chapter 1 - 00.06.01

After completing the 'Park Quest', the player is told by the Telvanni house guards to report back to Valderon one last time.

Player returns to Valderon. He says that the Telvanni are pleased that you helped them with the park rezoning, and yet are still a little angered at this biased attack upon their right to their share of the city zones, and are awaiting a formal written apology from Valderon himself. He asks you if you would take it to them. If you deny, then the Telvanni quest line option is shut down(until you accept, that is. The topic, along with the option to accept, will remain in his dialogue box until you accept, and then it shall dissappear once you accept it).

When you accept, he hands you the message, along with directions to the house pod of Councillor Grathras Vort, the head of House Telvanni at Silgrad. Once you arrive, and hand the apology over, your standing with all Telvanni within Silgrad rises by 2. Councillor Vort then asks you to do a certain amount of favors for him.

First he needs to collect some new samples of flowers said to be growing in this region. The climate is explicitly different than where he grew up, and he is interested in seeing the effects on some local flowers and plants. He asks for

2 stoneflower petals
2 Gold Kanet flowers
and
1 cutting of Heather.

-

Once you have returned with the ingredients, he gives as a reward:
2 Scrolls of Daedir's Blessing..

He then asks you for:
A potion of Cure Common Disease.

and then gives you:
200 Gold and a 4th Barrier Scroll
as a reward for the potion of Cure Common Disease.

---

Chapter 2 - 00.06.02
After you've done those errands, Councillor Vort tells you to speak with his mouth, a young female Breton by the name of Roela Vellum, (who is the granddaughter of very wealthy printshop owner, and paper-maker) to see if she has something for the player to do while Grathras is busy.

You visit Roela, who is pleased to see you, and is glad that you have come to see the truth in the words of the great Telvanni. You ask her about work, or tasks, and she says that she does indeed have a couple for you.

First of all, she informs you of some Hlaalu smugglers, armed with new steel shortswords, and dressed in plain commoner's clothing, that have been harassing Telvanni caravans, and stealing parts of Telvanni shipments that contained rare gems and needed food. She tells you that this is unacceptable, and must be stopped at once. She gives you the location of the smugglers (a little bit away from the entrance of Silgrad, behind some houses - Still in the city), and tells you that your reward will be quite worth the trouble, should you succeed in a timely manner.

After disposing of the three Hlaalu smugglers, you report back to Roela, who gives you:

- 3 Diamonds
- 1 Emerald
- 1000 Gold
as a reward.
-
Roela then asks you to oversee the negotiation of a land deed for a new tower near Vort's housepod. She directs you to an abandonded warehouse that has fallen into disrepair.
Once you enter, you are greeted by a Dunmer noble who is somewhat glad to be rid of this trouble, albeit not to cheaply. The noble, Grylith Branor, charges 5000 for the purchase of the actual land, and another 1200 for demolishing his building, and for other misc. losses.
-
After the transaction occurs, and you finish talking to Roela and hand her the land titles, two things happen:

1 - You are elevated 1 rank(if possible), and granted 1000 gold for compensation

2 - A script is put into place that changes every day:

- First day, door is locked and requires key that is not in the game, the teleport is removed.

- Second day, The entire warehouse is removed, leaving the ground underneath it.

- Third day, land is rearranged, landscaped a bit.

- Fourth day, tower is added, with no door.

- Fifth day, door is added, but locked 100(with trap), and requires the same key as the locked warehouse above did.

- Sixth day, Roela moves into the Tower, it is unlocked, and completed. Crates, sacks, and various exotic plants now adorn the exterior. Two Telvanni nobles are relocated and added to the tower, as well as one guard. Another is added outside the entrance. (FINAL day)
-
-
Speak with Roela again, and she says that two escaped Hungers have been terrorizing the area some important contacts of hers have been staying. She asks you as a personal favor to dispose of them. They ignore normal weapon resitance, and she tells you of this. She does not provide you with a weapon, however.

Upon killing the two Hungers, a Redguard warrior appears, dressed in an assortment of iron and steel armor, armed with a steel tanto, and forces dialogue with you, angered by the fact that you killed the two Hungers that he released to help guard a Redoran tomb. He then attacks you, and you must kill him, or die.

---

Chapter 3 - 00.06.03
You return to Roela after disposing of the menace, and in passing, you mention the redguard warrior who claimed ownership of the two Hungers.
She worries greatly over this new turn of events, and informs you that a secret cult sprung from the Temple has been growing lately, and many of her spies died to bring her such information. Roela asks you to investigate, and ask the townsfolk around the Temple area if they've seen anything suspicious lately.
If anyone should ask who you are working for, tell them you're still working at Valderon's behest. That should loosen their tongues enough.

This gives you another chance to explore another area of Silgrad, the Temple areas. You acquaint yourself with the locals, check out the inns, and ask around for any suspicious behavior of the Temple priests. A couple folks tell of some heavily cloaked dunmer that entered the Temple a couple of nights ago. No one has seen them come out.

You return to Roela, inform her of this, and she orders you to stake out the area, and to get some sleep during then, since she is somehow aware of your lack of rest during these past weeks. When the player awakes, he/she gets a pop-up message saying 'Several cloaked figures have exited the building. When that popped up, a script kicks in that places several cloaked figures in the area in front of you.

The figures head towards the nearest gate, and you follow them. They head out, following the road for a ways, until the city is out of sight, sound, and smell. Then they are attacked by 3 assassins in light armor and armed with daggers and shortswords. You run to their aid, but suddenly they join forces and capture you! (After you kill two of them, a message appears saying 'The opposition is too much for you, and you are subdued. Darkness consumes you.'
-
When you awake, you are in a cave, presumably near where the incident occured. You are inside a cell, heavily guarded by 3 brutes, each with a club and no shirt, and who appear to have more hair on their chests than they do brains in their head, as well as an magically locked door. You see a sword lying on the ground next to one of the brutes, thankfully asleep. You edge over to it, pick it up, and then equip it. Then you pick the lock on the door, all the while being assaulted by the brutes through the heavy iron bars.

After the fight, you kill the three brutes, and are then allowed to explore the cave. When you reach the end, the three would-be assassins, dressed in dark clothing, and their 'captives' are negotiating some sort of fee for a prisoner. You can't help but realize that they're talking about you. Once they notice you, the three assassins charge at you with silver daggers. One throws a few knives at you before joining in the melee with his shortsword. Hopefully, you dispatch of these, and are then able to kill the three priests.

You exit the cave, realizing that it's closer to the city than expected, and are confronted by the Patriarch of the Temple at Silgrad. Expecting another, bigger fight, you draw your sword, and she says
"Peace, friend. Those that you disposed of in the cave were no friends to the Temple. They were a threat to the peace of the city, and an evil that we are glad is now gone.
Thank you again, friend, and please, take these gifts as a token of our appreciation."

You receive:

1500 Gold Coins
3 Scrolls of Daedir's Blessing
2 Expensive Robes
1 Expensive Shirt
1 Pair of Expensive Shoes
& a simple enchanted shortsword.

---

Chapter 4 - 00.06.04

----------
Parts 4 & 5 coming soon. Part 4 is the Temple vs. Telvanni in the underground tomb discovered by the Temple.
|m0use.net|
06-02-2005, 01:26 AM,

Good job! I'm looking forward to reading the rest of your quest line Smile

You might want to delete the first line:
"OK then, I'll be posting the Telvanni outline here, along with updates, in 5 phases, since that's how Razorwing wants it."
Since you misunderstood me back then. You can have as many or as few quests as you like. A minimum of 5 was a recommendation, so players have a decent-sized main story in all paths, but a single quest can certainly give enough for the player to do to compare to, say, three "normal" quests. Just use your own judgement and I'm sure it will turn out great. Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-02-2005, 10:38 PM,

Updated to include Chapter 3, and RW's change.
|m0use.net|
06-03-2005, 12:06 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Haplo
Updated to include Chapter 3, and RW's change.

A very nice read, great job! [Image: icon16.gif]

About your reference to the "Patriarch of the Temple at Silgrad" at the bottom of quest #3 (and also from the start of your first post) :

Quote:Originally posted by Haplo
NPCs Involved:
-Valderon - Male (dunmer?)
-Councillor Vort Grathras - Male Dunmer
-Hlaalu Representative - Male Imperial?
-Temple Representative - Female Breton or Altmer?

* Lord High Councillor Valderon is indeed a male Dunmer.
* The Councillor from House Hlaalu is called Goldar Valen.
* The Councillor from the Temple is called Tedyne Salvi.

If I remember correctly I was in the process of editing those Councillors when you originally posted, so the details wasn't finalized. Most of them build on old forum discussions, so they're deeply rooted in our team's history.

A sidenote: you might want to add your characters Grylith Branor and Roela Vellum to your list of involved NPCs in your post. Great names by the way Smile Oh, and if you want to write them an entry for the "Who's who of Silgrad Tower" that'd be great, but it's totally optional. Among other things it's a good spot to reference when talking about that NPCs, like I referenced the Councillors in this post. It's also a handy design guide for the future, when trying to gauge their personality. It's not a requirement tho.

Extra cool would be if you could make the NPCs in the Morrowind editor and take screenshots of them, to go with the presentations. It might not have much bearing on how they'll look in Oblivion, but it makes any presentation a bit more interesting I think. Totally optional as well, of course. Smile

Would you consider fleshing out the various enemy NPCs a bit? What weapons do they have, what armor, how tough are they to fight, et cetera. Feel free to use Morrowind's scale for that, as that is a handy reference for anyone working in the new Construction Set to gauge how the NPC stats should be.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
06-03-2005, 04:44 PM,

Alright, I'll get to work right away. Smile
|m0use.net|
12-06-2007, 01:02 AM,

This Quest Post is hereby closed and archived

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]