Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Test of DisOrder
04-01-2008, 03:27 AM,

Ahh, inlet to outlet. Ok, that's what i wasn't getting before.

Now it all makes sense, the pipes are only 1-way

Well alright, i think i get how to make this now. I don't think we'll have to give too many clues from the journal. Maybe we can just explain the mechanics of it, and then let the player figure out how to actually position all the switches.

I certainly don't think it'll be easy for the player, but these are the dwemer we're talking about!

This one i'm going to have to plan out. Should we use the old pipe layout from TES3? or make a new one?
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-01-2008, 09:10 AM,

The light went on Big Grin

j/kong of course

Yes, the only thing I had for Dorans Journal :

I have entered a room with many pipes and levers, this must be the Test of Disorder I studied in School.. I must examine it carefully

(a break in the writing)

Yes, yes I have it, it appears that these levers control the direction of the steam, I would need to move these levers so that they are in the correct position...now only to know which ones

(a break in the writing)

It took quite some time but i finally got it and we will be on our way, once the last lever was moved I heard the sound of a door open.
The Levers are #1, #4, and (this is were the blood will have covered the last number)

The players journal entry would say: I have reviewed Dorans Journal It appears I must move the levers 1 and 4 and another but I can not see this number.

The levers which need to be moved it purely your choice, how ever you design the piping and levers is also your choice

I would prefer to go with a single doorway rather than all those doors used in es3. We have to remember we want the player to get inside, the real test is to defeat the Test of Confrontation at the last.

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-01-2008, 10:10 PM,

As i said in the other post, i think we need to be very, very careful about how much information we reveal. if there are only three levers which must be moved, and we give away two of them, it becomes much easier to then guess the third one, with less thinking.

I think that if we explain the mechanics and leave it at that, the player can figure out the rest on his own.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-02-2008, 04:33 PM,

Yes, thats fine with me

So the journal will then read

I have discovered the operation of these mechinisms, it appears that by moving the levers I can direct the flow of steam theirby opening the doorway.... the levers which need to be moved are 1.......(the rest of this page is torn and covered in blood)

the player journal should then say:

I read Dorans journal, he figured out the operation but I can't read the rest of the page, I quess I will have to figure it out myself

Hows that?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories