Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing out WS
04-19-2009, 11:49 AM,
Testing out WS
Does anyone else have a problem creating a new WS? I'm experimenting with implementing a new sky in a duplicate WS and I'm following everything that the CS wiki is telling me but the first time I created the WS it didn't show up in the cell view window and the second, third and fourth time I went about it differently, trying several different routes and every single time my CS crashed.

All I've tried doing is adding a different sky to the TestGnarlWorld and played around in a minor way such as selecting swampwater etc. So why does it insist on crashing whenever I touch anything WS-related....? ?(
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-19-2009, 03:49 PM,

are you making a new heightmap? if that is the case, make sure to save a blank esp first and open up the landscape editor (H) before trying to generate it. i also had to close that saved esp, then re-open the CS and set it as active for it to work.

thats about the only help i have to offer :/ i havent encountered any pure worldspace problems, only those that are heightmap related. the above might still be worth a try either way.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
04-19-2009, 07:20 PM,

Nope. On one occasion, I entered the height map options. It always crashes whenever I do anything in HM anyway so I wasn't expecting results there at all. The furthest I got is that I just duplicated an existing WS and renamed it before fitting it with a new sky. And yet when I went to the cell view window the renamed WS was not there but the duplicate was. So I clicked on the duplicate and it crashed. What's the problem with that?

Edit - After several tries re-entering the CS, adding bits as I go, I finally got it to work. Thanks Lady Nerevar! Big Grin
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]