Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture request: Guild of Craftsmen banner
02-07-2009, 02:07 PM,
Texture request: Guild of Craftsmen banner
I'd like to request a texture we can use for the banner outside the Guild of Craftsmen location in Soluthis. The guild entrance looks like this:

[Image: th_Guild_of_Craftsmen_Soluthis.jpg]

Right now I just added a general "Welcome" banner, which isn't a great solution to start with and to add to that, we can't use that banner texture in our release because it's essentially from TES3.

The texture should be 256 pixels wide and 512 pixels high. It should look like cloth or preferrably leather, and it should be set up so it can have an alpha channel - in other words, part of the texture will be invisible just like the placeholder in the screenshot above. You can use the old texture as a template if you like, as long as there's nothing original left from it in the finished texture.

The banner should have a picture on it, like an icon that gives the player a visual clue what the location is about, but it doesn't need to have any text. The icon should have something to do with crafting, like - to take a few ideas off the top of my head - a saw, or why not a spindle. I don't think it should be a hammer because that could confuse players into thinking it's an armoury.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
02-24-2009, 11:03 AM,

Hi there.

I was looking around the forums again and saw this request and thought i might have a texture according to your description. So i looked around and saw something the might satisfy it. Its a texture i have done a while ago for my own tes4 banner but i don't need it.

Use it or not im just giving what i think might work. If you want me to adjust it, i will be happy to do so.
Maybe it's intuition
But some things you just don't question
Like in your eyes
I see my future in an instant
And there it goes
I think I've found my best friend
-End Quote- Savage Garden
BusterWolF
02-24-2009, 12:58 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by BusterWolF
Hi there.

I was looking around the forums again and saw this request and thought I might have a texture according to your description. So I looked around and saw something the might satisfy it. Its a texture I have done a while ago for my own tes4 banner but I don't need it.

Use it or not I'm just giving what I think might work. If you want me to adjust it, I will be happy to do so.

Thankyou very much, I think you did a really nice job on it! :goodjob:

My only critisizm is of the specular map, but I assume you reused the transparancy map for it purely by accident and it's not a big problem.

Could you make a version of the banner that has the text "Guild of Craftsmen" written below the icon? In the Daedric Runes font, please. It would be a nice extra if the text was made to look like it had been painted onto the cloth, but it would be nice to have the text there in either case. Thankyou in advance! Smile
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]