Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 300 Spartans!
03-13-2007, 10:54 AM,
The 300 Spartans!
Have you seen it? Are you going to watch it?

Im going this Saturday,i think out of all the stuff up movies about Greece,America has made this might be the more better of them (movies that is,not stuff ups LOL) stuff ups include,Alexander (BIG TIME STUFF UP),Troy and another i forgot.

H ELLAS YA PANDAH - Greece For Ever

Please comment!!!! Big Grin

Probably the only Greek in ST,Shadow :dunce:
Become one of Hircines

...R.I.P. My Oblivion Character Shadow...
03-13-2007, 11:05 AM,

I will problably download it and watch it at home. Looks good Big Grin
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-13-2007, 11:24 AM,

The movie is again to incorrect Tongue It were the 10.000 Immortal, the persian elites. Not a million Tongue Then again that's still something.... I'll download it too i guess.
"Why would I be bound by rules if I can see so far beyond them?"

"I think, therefore I am" - Descartes
"I don't think, therefore I spam"

"Do not seek to follow the footsteps of the wise, seek what they sought"

"On top of the world"
03-13-2007, 11:35 AM,

Hmmm information i didn't know Big Grin

Hey Mormacil where you gonna get it from?

Edit: Got the links for a download, if you want it i will PM you them.
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
03-13-2007, 11:52 AM,

Yeah send them Big Grin I know this about the Spartans because I did a paper on the Peloponessian War (biggest war in ancient GreeceTongue)

"On top of the world"
03-13-2007, 12:00 PM,

Sent them :yes:

I don't know much about em just like the look of the film.
03-13-2007, 08:06 PM,

guys remember, 300 was based on a comic book.... so many things were exaggerated for the young virgin minds of American youths generation ago... Wink
but keep in mind... despite being outnumbered... the Spartans in that battle had better armor, training, leadership, and morale than the Persians... every Spartan hoplite had much more training put into him than the Farsi peasant mustered from his farmlands... with a crappy sword and a wicker shield...
and these Persians are fighting for a Shah, not for their own country and the lives of their families....
and not only are they in a foreign land but against a well held position, having survived sea-warfare and mountainous warfare... where at home their mountains and plains are different from Greece's... just a lot to think about...

and to add to that... Spartan were kinda badass... :lol:

I will probably see this movie this Friday perhaps...
03-13-2007, 09:39 PM,

Though the historic inaccuracy, it is definatly one of my favorite movies.
My mage is an honor student at the Arcane University.
03-13-2007, 11:15 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by KuKulzA
guys remember, 300 was based on a comic book.... so many things were exaggerated for the young virgin minds of American youths generation ago... Wink
but keep in mind... despite being outnumbered... the Spartans in that battle had better armor, training, leadership, and morale than the Persians... every Spartan hoplite had much more training put into him than the Farsi peasant mustered from his farmlands... with a crappy sword and a wicker shield...
and these Persians are fighting for a Shah, not for their own country and the lives of their families....
and not only are they in a foreign land but against a well held position, having survived sea-warfare and mountainous warfare... where at home their mountains and plains are different from Greece's... just a lot to think about...

and to add to that... Spartan were kinda badass... :lol:

I will probably see this movie this Friday perhaps...

Erm.... no way. The persian Immortals were called Immortal because of the fact they never lost a singel battle. They were the persian elite troops, Persia which was way stronger then a united Greece.

But then again yeah the Spartans had the best soldiers in Greece, although the Athenes had a much better general, forgot his name.

"On top of the world"
03-13-2007, 11:53 PM,

can I get the link pmed to me?
Kraken, its whats for diner.
Those are good words, I like to wave at them as they pass by.