Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ancient Gate
03-01-2006, 05:02 AM,
The Ancient Gate
The Ancient Gate was built by the Dunmer a long time ago as a defensive installation against the raging Nords. After the Empire conquered Tamriel it lost its meaning, but has instead gained noteriety as a trading post. This has been particularly noticeable in modern times, as goods and luxuries started coming out of Vvardenfell. While most of the trade goes south, through Silgrad Tower and into Cyrodiil, the Nords do a fair bit of trade with Morrowind through this road.

The design of the installation is decidedly Velothi, as was the dominant Dunmer building style at the time of its creation. It's run under Imperial management, and traders are forced to pay taxes on their wares before being let into Skyrim. While a lot of it end up in the Emperor's coffers back in Cyrodiil, the taxes also pays for the guards and other personell stationed there. Passage for citizens (i.e. the Player) is free of charge.

The many chambers and rooms of the Gate fell into disrepair during the time between the start of the Third Era and the Gate's new function as a trading post, and much work remains to be done before the traces of its historical purpose is washed away. Progress is slow since businessmen have so far only been interested in renting the quarters nearest to the gates. Here, weary travellers and traders can rent a room for the night, have a drink and a bite to eat, and stock up on supplies at the general store.

[Image: ReichParkeepConceptClaim_Small.jpg]
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]