Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Arras Family
01-05-2006, 05:07 PM,
The Arras Family
Hello.I am the new member, Dagoth Ur.I specialize in dialogue and stories.Here is an idea for a quest.Look at it and tell me if it is good:

"North of Silgrad Tower,there is a beautiful manor,built in a splendid garden with plants brought from other regions of Tamriel.This manor is the Arras Manor,home for the Arras family,a Dunmer noble family that moved from Vvardenfell to the mainland, because of the constant rogue ashlander attcks (the former home was in the Ashlands).

Arras Hemna is a noble that dislikes the Empire,as his smaller son.He is fond of House Redoran and The Temple.Sometimes nice and persuasive,sometimes sad,Hemna's hope is that Vivec will protect him from the rival family that views them as 'outcasts' since they moved on the mainland.

Thaliya Arras is the wife of Hemna.Altough she is fond of The Temple,like her husband,she is a strange combination of Empire-fond and Telvanni-fond.She does not want The Empire to destroy,but loves magic and its delicate structures.Over her husband,that simply prais that Vivec will protect them from their rivals,she wants to simply drive them off herself with her destructive spellls.But Thaliya respects her husband and the others,so she stays her hand.

Vaden Arras is the smaller son of Hemna.He has inheireted his father's intelligence and cunning,but also his personality.Vaden loathes The Empire and House Hlaalu,considering it a band of hipocritic thieves and greedy-men with Orvas Dren as their leader (altough Orvas Dren hates The Empire as much as Vaden).He likes to fight and wants to become a master-of-arms and champion of The Arena in Vivec,dreaming to return to Vvardenfell and fight there once he becomes a master.

Llaalu Arras is the other son of Hemna.Unlike his family,Llaalu secretely likes The Empire.He is a Dunmer of wide learning,loves to read,to visit,to write poems and books,to invent stories.He LOVES peace and such he does not want war beetween the Dunmer and The Empire.He is not well-liked within the family,always arguing with them on political and religious views.Llaalu hopes that one day he will get the chance to visit The Great Library of Cyrodiil and study its numerous books."

Well that is the introduction,now onto the quest... =)

The player will have the choice to visit the manor.Upon entering,he will talk with the Arras Family and after a few small services (like finding an escaped slave etc)he will get the chance to do the 'main quest' for the family.Apparently, Hemna is very upset because "Some imbecilic n'wah stole the documents regarding the property of MY manor!! X( "

The PC will have the chance to accept the task and find the stolen documents.He will search the area and find south of the manor an empty,dark cave.Upon exploring more of it,he will find a tunnel that leads all the way into the basements of the Arras Manor.There a group of 6 smugglers will wait for him with a raised weapon.After a bit hack'n'slash
he wil search the bodies of the thieves.He will find the stolen document and a letter from the family that is always in conflict with The Arras.In that letter,The PC is given directions to the rival's manor.Now it is the choice :yes:

"Should he give the documents to Hemna right away,or should he visit the rival manor and hear what the people there have to say?perhaps even siding with them?"

That's it for now.Tell me if you like it.If Yes,then I will flesh out the letter and continue the story!
Lord Voryn Dagoth,
Dagoth Ur
01-05-2006, 05:34 PM,

Sounds good! I really like the premise, and you should definetely continue developing it. I have a few questions though.

~ Would I be right in assuming that neither of the noble families belong to a particular Great House?

~ Are the thieves who stole the documents from Arras hiding in his basement?

~ I don't understand how you mean with the word "insuportable". If spelled with two pConfused I get a hit on one of my favourite sites, dictionary.com but it doesn't sound like something a person would be. ?(

~ I don't believe there is an Almsivi in Oblivion's timeline, as Almalexia and Sotha Sil have died. Vivec is probably alive though.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
01-05-2006, 05:43 PM,

Thank you for your appreaciation!

Here are the answers:

1. You are right.The families prefer some great Houses over others but they do not belong to any Great House.

2.) The Thieves hide in a secret chambers in the basement,yes.The built the tunnel to escape in case of an emergency e.g Hemna finds the hidden place and xomes with a mini-gun and blasts them all! (no really :lmao: )

3.)You are right.Sorry,I used the Romanian word :|
Actually insuportable means that some times he gets mad at anyone who talks to him e.g "Somebody: Hello,Hemna.How do you do?
Hemna: leave me alone,s'wit!"
Sorry again

4.) Thanks for pointing that out.I am used to Morrowind since Oblivion hasn't yet been released.I use the mod Vivec's fate from BJ and Vivec dies there but thanks for pointing it.I think that Vivec fits better than Almsivi

Thanks again and I will continue developing it!
Lord Voryn Dagoth,
Dagoth Ur
01-05-2006, 05:58 PM,

1. 2. 4. Sounds great! Smile

3. Hmm, "irritable" might be a good word for what you mean? Someone who's unreasonably easy to annoy. Would this website be useful?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
01-05-2006, 06:02 PM,

YES! You got it! Irritable and/or unbeareble

Sorry! I am usually good at English but now I got a headache and I can't think well... Wink
Lord Voryn Dagoth,
Dagoth Ur
01-09-2006, 05:35 PM,
RE: The Arras Family
Good.Now,to continue with the story..

The letter will be like this:

" %PCName,
I do not know what do you think about us.You may say that we are simply thieves,sending smugglers to steal the documents of our arch-enemy, The Arras.Well,it is not completely true.Listen before passing the document into Hemna's hands:

We are the Iroril High Elf family.Our family was of noble blood,even among the Altmer,but,much to our regret,we were forced to leave Summurset Isle because of King Reman's heavy taxes in Firsthold.We came here and lived in peace many,many years... until recently.

When The Arras came here,the trouble began.Hemna may be short-tempered and Llaalu may be a little too..broken from reality,but they are not bad.It is Vaden and Thaliya.They are the reason of wich we desperately try to make The Arras flee.Thaliya's 'respect' is a fake.She,like her son,are born and bred killers.It may not look like it,but Vaden slaughtered 15 slaves once from our plantation,and we did not say anything,thinking that they will change.But our problems became greater and,much to our regret,we are forced to use such extreme ways to make The Arras return from where they belong.Come to the Iroril Manor,east from Arras Manor and North of Silgrad Tower.I think you are an intelligent %PCRace and that you will not side with the evil.

Regards,
Thules Iroril."

..Whew..long letter that is.The PC now has several choices.He could simply go and return the documents to Hemna.And he will receive the following rewards:

Hemna:500 gold
Thaliya:Spell of The Cruel God (custom spell)
Llaalu:A book "The Hisotry of The Forgotten Ones"
Vaden: "A long,silver sword?" ?(

If he does that,of course,The iroril members will attack him on sight,but he could also visit The Iroril Family,wich is composed of:

Thules Iroril: Strong Battlemage,spellcaster and writte
Marya Iroril: The sister pf Thules and a great magician of 'The Circle of Sun'
Ulaa Iroril:The mother of Thules and marya.When she was young,it was rumored that she had the power to see the future...

When The PC will talk to Thules,he will have a decision,he can give the documents to Thules and receive 2000 gold pieces and a straangeee scripted spell "Future Sight" ?(

Or,if the PC is patient,he can work alone and do not side with anyone.In the end,he can convince the two families to become peacefull and respect each other.The mission will be quite hard,because he will have to find/forge the evidence that vaden did not murder 15 slaves etc... but at the end of it all,he will receive BOTH GIFTS from BOTH FAMILIES Big Grin

Well,this is it.I hope you like it,Razorwing.What do you think?If you have questions,I will be happy to answer them Smile
Lord Voryn Dagoth,
Dagoth Ur
01-09-2006, 06:58 PM,

Sounds good to me Smile

I would like to ask you to put spaces after your commas and dots though. It doesn't matter much as long as it's on the forum I think, but if it's text that will be added to the mod then it becomes very important. I also think the island where High Elves come from is spelled Summerset Isle.

Perhaps the Iroril family could function as a vehicle for bringing in _fidel's Sky City building? It looks Altmeric enough in my opinion for it to be appropriate, and if the head of the family is as you say a Battlemage then that would add to the probability that he'd like a tower for himself. What do you think?
Angel mired in filth
01-10-2006, 07:53 AM,

I looked at The Sky Building.It is good, I think . It could function as a house for someone mage-like . The Irorils will surely like their own mage tower. And about the Summerset Isle, I too, thinked that it is called SUMMERSET but after I looked into some good lore sites like The Imperial Library and On-Morrowind, I learned that actually Summerset is spelled incorrectly. I don't know what to think but that is the form I use. Sorry Sad
Lord Voryn Dagoth,
Dagoth Ur
01-10-2006, 02:25 PM,

Dagoth Ur: I think the general consensus in the community is that new lore overrides old lore. For instance Cyrodiil used to be a province dominated by vast jungles, which has changed dramatically in Oblivion. The town of Cheydinhal used to lie at a very different place in Cyrodiil than it does now, which I believe is for gameplay reasons to make the northwest part of the province more fun for players. The Bloodmoon expansion pack redrew the map of the Morrowind province's northwestern mainland, which has since changed back again on the new Oblivion world map, and so on.

Likewise, the High Elf province is called Summerset Isle as on the new map though it's been called that for a long time. I don't think it's been called Summurset Isle since TES I: Arena (Arena map).
Angel mired in filth
01-10-2006, 09:53 PM,

Sorry.. Sad I didn't knew.Thanks so much for telling me!
So.. shall I invent any more stories or do you have a 'mission' for me? I am a Journeyman now after all and,like in the Blades you have to work to get promoted Wink
Lord Voryn Dagoth,
Dagoth Ur