Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few questions
05-14-2006, 05:28 PM,
A few questions
What is Blacklight?

What is "Silgrad Tower"? (Not the forum)

How do you plan to add Morrowind Obivion? How will you make it fit? Vvardenfell isn't even on the map for Oblivion...
05-14-2006, 09:25 PM,
RE: A few questions
Try this link: map of the 'core' projects for a map that gives you an idea where Silgrad Tower is situated on the western mainland of Morrowind.

As you see Reich Parkeep is a Castle and city complex north of Silgrad Tower, and Blacklight is a city and geographical area north of that. Well that's the geographical side of things.

As a comparative newcomer here, my grasp of the Lore (for which there is a forum here) is only just developing, but I understand that there are various references to this Ancient Tower in Tamriellian Literature, and in this Oblivion-compatible mod we are bringing it to life as a download that will be accessed through playing Oblivion. Full of living, breathing Towns and Cities - larger than was possible in TES 3 and with the history and politics brought up to date and beyond, old favorite plants and creatures, and some new ones too. Likewise with Quests and NPCs.

I have the TES 3 version of Silgrad Tower loaded on my computer (which has a technical objection to my playing any games at the moment - bad computer, grrr) and I am aiming to build up a new character before I cross the sea for a proper exploration of the mainland, though I did initiate a savegame just to take a peek with an other character. What I discovered is that in the TES 3 version the Mainland and Vvardenfell are directly connected = you can swim or walk accross the sea, just as you could with Bloodmoon (which along with Tribunal you have to have loaded) = the active play map and land area just extend to include the mainland (with a bit of squidging of the otherwise relatively empty sea!)

In our TES 4 version we are currently examining the best way to connect our associated projects. if you take a look at the map of Tamriel you will see that not all the Provinces have common borders. And our associated projects, which we must take into account, cover some or all of Vvardenfell, Black Marshes, Elsweyr, Valenwood and Skyrim.

At the moment, taking into consideration the current balance of technical factors as well as playability we are keeping our options open. Because the Bethesda/Oblivion maps that extend outside the Borders of Cyrodiil, that we have been able to access, are not entirely accurate, we may have to use a variety of measures to facilitate movement or travel from Cyrodiil to another. And create our own maps without reference to the Ob maps beyond Cyrodiil's Borders.

If you are interesting in joining in and have 'talents' to contribute or are a beginner and truly enthusiastic, then do so. Jump into an ongoing project and volunteer, whatever. do a hi, I'm a newcomer thread...

Whatever, :wave: welcome to Silgrad Tower. raggidman blends back into the shadows muttering: "now where did I leave my bullet-proof vest?"
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-14-2006, 09:47 PM,
RE: A few questions
Quote:Originally posted by The Gunslinger
What is Blacklight?

What is "Silgrad Tower"? (Not the forum)

How do you plan to add Morrowind Obivion? How will you make it fit? Vvardenfell isn't even on the map for Oblivion...

Hi there, welcome to Silgrad Tower!
:wave:

There's a board on our forum called "Silgrad Lore", where we try to explain the many internal concepts and titles used in our project. Perhaps reading the threads there could be of interest? Most of them are still accurate, though a handful are a bit dated. Smile

But a quick answer to your question is that Blacklight and Silgrad Tower are both cities located on the landmass of our project. But at the same time, as with Reich Parkeep, they are used to describe projects lead by a core member of our team under the overall umbrella of our whole project -- which, to add to the confusion, is also called the Silgrad Tower project. Big Grin
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]