Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Creation Of The Clannfear
09-12-2009, 02:09 PM,
Hey People,

What Ibsen's Ghost said,
Are you suggesting that one Argonian tribe knows more about these challengers to the Argonian 'throne' through this trade pact and yet their name is not known? This could be an interesting start…

The Player reads a book named "The Temptations Of Az'Zhildhr" That basically says at the start an old retired imperial says "Although in my great regards as that the argonians are mere beast men and are not and should not I repeat be ever to write a piece of well organised writing, I happened to come upon this ancient scripture when my imperial patrol and I were investigating a burnt out tribal village that seemed to have been attacked by Naga Bandits of a sort, And seeming I am retired now and can make use of my free time on learning how to read ancient scriptures, So without further a do I give to you what I discovered" When you read throughout this book(47 pages)Your discover that the text was written by a Apaceph Shaman and the writings are of ancient trade pact that eventually ended with the Other Lizard People of the marsh and this gives the author a great annoyance because it doesn’t specify any type of argonian and he goes into great detail to specify each argonian species and mark each one of them as Void and then he explains there must be a new species in the mix because the others don’t fit the part, If so where are the traces of this Long Forgotten/ Or Extinct Race? The only trace the imperial could find was the trade pact (As the book progresses the player finds out what are these Trade Pacts and Finds out where are the Trade Routes but... This book only explains What a Simple Retired Imperial could find out and explain……..)

(Easily Explained: The player finds the book, The player finds the half argonian Egwene Milliene [Thoughts on breeding] and she explains to the player of where the locations are of the Ancient Hist Trees Of Fortune, The player under goes the quests for Ancient Hist Trees [Like the Daedric Shrines] and receives the reward as the Hist trees [One by One] reveal there underground dungeon [Shivering Isles Root Dungeons] that the player must fight through and at the end the player sees a sign with a little hole filled with 2 scrolls in them [Ones for the people who are lost in the marsh, One for the native argonians] You bring them back to Egwene Milliene and she decodes each one for you, if you can bring her some native were-crocodile swamp scales for her research, You bring it back to Egwene Milliene and she rewards you by Decoding the texts for your use [She is now fairly interested and tells you to bring your findings to a Royal Historian Argonian by the name of Bites-His-Tail] Bites-His-Tail tells you to “Delve Deeper” and gives you one possible location for a Hideout for these Lizards, The Hideout was deserted but seems to have been populated a long time ago and there was strange readings all across the walls and you happened to meet a rather odd Clannfear that said “Digoses, DIGOSES!” it seemed like a plea for help like “Help, HELP!”, So you report your findings back to the Royal Historian and he is somewhat confused and needs some guidance, So you follow him back to his study where at the back of the room seems to be a strange sort of tree [Looks like a hist tree but young] Bites-His-Tail starts to converse with the tree and the tree responds “There was once one and there was once two and there was once three, I’m so tired dear child I need my sleep” Bites-His-Tail then goes to you, He asks did you understand? If Yes then he will say you that you need to listen more [He will then cancel the conversation and you will need to talk to him again to start to hear the explaining] and if No then he will explain It to you [He says” the roots of the marsh lead to the hist trees and the hist trees thus lead back to the marsh, Every creature living in the marsh was created by the hist in some form or another, But when you want to create something perfect there must always been two not one because two are one split in half and one is whole, So there must have been another creature ruling side by side to us the native argonians, I will report back to you when I have studied this more on use of text not words] You now have to wait 4 days before you can return, You return to Bites-His-Tail and sets you out to “Send Egwene The Word”,
So you go back to Egwene and asks “The word? Oh I understand…… You better prepare, Come back to me when your ready for what lies ahead”, You return to Egwene ”Ready so soon? Ok if your sure” Yes or No answer, Yes “Ok lets get going” You and Egwene go to a Fortress and fight your way through hordes of monsters and get down to the lowest level of the fortress [Throughout the fortress you see them writings all over again, Egwene comments about them while you and Egwene are split up and you meet her up when you get into a main hall then you go down to the door leading to the lowest level] when you are going down the lowest level [Long hallway with prisoner rooms] you see lots of skeletons of lizard like humanoids [Some with clannfear like crests and some without and some with huge Daedroth like bodies] and Egwene comments “Torture Chambers Don’t you see, This place looks a little Daedric Fishy to me” You and Egwene go down to the central Chamber and fight off and kill a Daedroth looking Lizard man, Then “Oh Hippy Ditty Do, Don’t you see? The first ruin/hideout you went to investigate was a Torturing Prison and now this is one too! No wonder we have no records of the Daedroth or Clannfear ever being created by a Daedric Lord, They must have twisted the first creatures of the hist to turn on the argonian brothers and so forth doomed themselves into being immortal demons! You must report back to Bites-His-Tail, Come back to me when you have news” Then you go to Bites-His-Tail and Bites-His-Tail basically is in shock on what you have told him and he goes back to his superiors to explain what is happening [Your need to wait a day for the next part of the quest] Then the next day “I have informed my superiors and they want to take immediate action upon this, You must go to -This- ruin it has been long forgotten for centuries” You
then go with a battalion of troops [That follow you] to Egwene Milliene’s house for aid on any lurking traps that lurk in this deep and forgotten ruin, She accepts and you all head off to this ruin, In this ruin you have a chance to split up [Egwene Milliene decides its best if one of the group goes up on the arch to check for any traps and call out, If you decide you want to go then the whole group except you get ambushed and killed, Later you can loot Egwene’s Corpse for her cave key and the deed to her cave, As well as some good old enchanted items/ If you decide everyone should stick together then she wont die and later can be companion for your journeys in Black marsh] You now after going through the dungeon and fighting some undead/alive lizard men you reach the ancient warlord Az'Zhildhr [Now if you chose to look out for traps then Az’Zhildhr will tell his long story about how he was tempted by the “Goddess” meredia to give up the worship of the hist as they are not gods and are but trees and give up his people for more immortal powers, He accepted and of course the deal was sealed, After he says a bit about the history- Bites-His-Tail rudely interrupts and says I got back-up and looks at Az’Zhildhr in a great stare then Az’Zhildhr is in fury and attacks everyone, Now if you chose to go with Egwene Milliene then she will attack Az’Zhildhr on site “Go Back you retched beast, Oblivion take you!” and Az’Zhildhr reply’s “Oh but Dear you are one of us” she then reply’s “Never!“ You kill Az’Zhildhr and take his loot the quest is complete.)
Hope you enjoyed reading this, This quest definitely has to be implemented I spent way to much time of the night writing this.

Ibsen's Reply on me trying to explain a little bit to him-

Nice, Big Grin

But yes, it is a bit too main quest-ish. My advice is not to run before you can walk. I'd stick to the lizardmen idea....that there was a breed of lizardmen that were once the masters of the Argonians. I originally thought that you could fit the were-crocs into this by claiming they were abandoned by the Hist for some reason but this is too similar to our plan for the Sarpa race.

As a nice alternative, I would read this thread about the Royal Court: Faction Brainstorming Session 2 - Royal Court . It was written up by our resident 'lore monkey', Deeza and covers everything you need to know about this important Faction. What if the Priest-King, whose grip on power in the BM was always fragile, were to call upon these ancient fellows of the Argonians in order to help him secure power?

He would naturally make use of Bhuru (Argonian voodoo) magic in order to do this but they may want to re-enter the world properly by attempting to possess either himself or one of his closest allies.....you would then have to find out who this was, how they're using this power and explore the story behind it. Bear in mind that, according to Deeza, the capital of Helstrom is repelling the Priest-King because the Hist do not approve of his status.

- IG

Hey if your wondering about some lore break in this then well fix it! Quote it and fix it your own way (Do whatever you like) But stick to the corruption in the system (Daedric Corruption) and try to keep my quests (But if you want to change them to fit more in the lore,Then go ahead).
[TITLE]
-Lore_Naga of Beyond Cyrodill Forums-
[/TITLE]
"B at indeværende er skidt naga blod."
undersøgenaga
09-12-2009, 04:44 PM,

Not quite so clear on where you're going with that one although I kind of like the idea of having some lore that challenges the Argonian's position at the top of the food chain as far as the Black Marshes are concerned. The Argonians, to my knowledge, are merely favoured by the Hist and other reptillian creatures might well regard themselves as the more fitting masters of the marshes.

Are you suggesting that one Argonian tribe knows more about these challengers to the Argonian 'throne' through this trade pact and yet their name is not known? This could be an interesting start. I'm not sure about the 47 page book though.... :eek:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-12-2009, 05:00 PM,
-The post is no longer needed- Im posting the whole section on Ibsen's Request
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
09-13-2009, 11:43 AM,

You don't have to PM me, NA. It would be fine to post up the details here if you wish. Anyway, I haven't yet read your PM at the time of writing this but I thought it would be good to continue the discussion on the Were-Crocs here. It started around here: BM Disease Mechanics - A little parting gift and involved the discussion on the lore creature expansion mod here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=7471 .

As explained further down, using this mod in any way will depend on the decision about the OBSE scripts but there is a possibility that the modders would be willing to incorporate what they did into BM and perhaps expand on it. You could, of course, develop your ideas independently but whether you take the first option or if we just use the were-croc model at all then we'll need to contact the original modders. How do you (and others) feel about the idea of bringing the lore creature expansion modding into BM wholesale? And by that I mean transporting everything they did and fitting it into the BM WS?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-14-2009, 12:36 AM,

I'm ok with using the lore creature expansion, but we have to be careful about overusing the same creatures that other modders are using. Also, don't forget about waalx's humongous selection of creatures he modeled. I think he's set up a separate website for his project...here it is:

http://waalx.com/RealSwordsForum/index.php

I don't think he's letting other modders use his creatures just yet, but I heard he will eventually.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-14-2009, 08:12 PM,

Yes, Tlo1048 and I discussed this. Waalx did want to us to use the creatures separately. We would have to depend on the WAC download which is around 700-800mb so it's a definite 'no', despite the very high quality of the models.

Btw, please don't let me forget the fact that NA edited his first post. I'll need to look over this again sometime but I'm still hard at work in RL.

Edit - Read it. Liked it, especially the way you've incorporated some of our other lore, like 'thoughts on breeding' which shows how quickly you've fit in here. Replied by PM. :check:
09-14-2009, 10:52 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Ibsen's Ghost
Yes, Tlo1048 and I discussed this. Waalx did want to us to use the creatures separately. We would have to depend on the WAC download which is around 700-800mb so it's a definite 'no', despite the very high quality of the models.[...]

Ouch!

Well, how about this then:

When WAC mod comes out, I have a strong feeling a lot of people are going to download it anyway for the massive amount of creatures and new stuff in it. Basically, a lot of people are going to already have downloaded the WAC mod anyways when it comes out. So we can later make an optional esp dependent on Blackmarsh and the WAC mod, that adds WAC's creatures to the levelled lists of our mod, for people who already have WAC.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
09-15-2009, 04:51 PM,

A possibility, yes. I'm hoping that Waalx's position on the matter will change over time though (especially by the time we're ready to populate BM). I edited this post accordingly: Creatures of Black Marsh .
09-15-2009, 09:56 PM,
Hey ibsen i just got another idea for my quest...
The argonians believed they were created by the hist.
(The God-Believing Soceitys around the real world believed they were created by god).
The argonians believed they were the first perfect creation of the hist.
(Most God-Believing Soceitys that do not debate science into religion believe they are the first perfect creation of God)
There has been a debate in some argonian states about if the argonians were the first creation of the hist, Was there a prototype?
(There has been a debate in some god believing soceitys about if we were the first creation of god, Was there a prototype?)

I think Religous Argonians would find this very offensive or very humourish or very true.
[TITLE]
[/TITLE]
undersøgenaga
09-16-2009, 06:00 PM,

The relations of the Argonians with the Hist is quite intricate. Together with Deeza and the core (and including some fragments of material from KuKulZa, one of the old BM leaders), we have collected some ideas together on this matter which uses various references from Bethesda's lore. I have this as a Word document and will work with the core team to gradually introduce it as the main quest. However, I'm playing my cards close to my chest here and also reserving all rights to working on the MQ to the long-term members (who jealously guard their long-cherished secrets.... =)....).

As such, this idea contradicts some of our ideas so I'll have to say 'no' to this one. Sorry. I've been meaning to create a sort of basic overview of the MQ that restricts access to particular members but it's probably best to just start gradually building it in as we go. However, I would admit that it may help others to shape their quest ideas around it, as it could in this case. Yet I'm not prepared to share the full details of these ideas on the public forum.

So as I would say to anyone who asked about such a thing, if you wish to gain access to the core boards then it's on a merit basis only. In the meantime, I'll try to help you develop this in a way that fits with the main BM lore but also gives you enough creative freedom. In which case, your idea of a Daedra-corrupted Black Marsh species could prove rewarding. Although I think that any relationship between the Hist and the Daedra would go back much further than the Daedra and the Nine as we're talking more in terms of primordial forces. This means that if they go back further then perhaps they are more likely to regard each other as equals...and if they were equals then perhaps the existence of the Clannfear owes itself to some kind of trade-off between the two sides. But if we think of this in terms of the quest then you have a situation where such knowledge might be kept secret unless the other races get wind of it and persecute the Argonians on suspicion of being in league with the Daedra.

Those are just a few suggestions (take 'em or leave 'em) but if you could weave your web around that then you might have a pretty juicy quest in the making...