Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Elsweyr Edition of the Botany Books
04-15-2006, 11:28 AM,
The Elsweyr Edition of the Botany Books
Please post plant descriptions for the Elsweyr Edition here in this pinned Thread! Big Grin

Please note that while it is the intention of the Botany Books to provide a service that is available in and to all the Provinces and to respect their requirements, strict observance of protocol and credit will be maintained, and the editor retains the right to withdraw the use of the Botany Books and contents from any group that does not fully understand and respect the normal and proper academic conventions. Judgement as to any dispute on this question must remain with the originator and editor.

Many thanks, raggidman

It is the editor's intention that the entries here will all be available for the Elseweyr team to use, and a smaller percentage will be assembled for use in Silgrad Tower as a taster of things to come in Elsweyr, however this intent may change with circumstances.

Quote:From a post to Krisi_
These names sound familiar too, if they are quotes from in-game stuff then it is very important to say so as this forms a powerful basis for your own input.

...snip...as what I want to do is create a differnt and clearly recognisable style for each of the different races.

Not sure which race yours would be as yet.

:alert: Having said this if there is anything more you can add from in-game - screenies of seeds, leaves etc, that will help us to create concept art and construct models later!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
05-31-2006, 11:23 AM,

No takers? The black marshes botany books had heaps?
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
06-01-2006, 08:59 AM,

Big Grin Elsweyr is at an earlier stage in its developement atm. This is not necessarily a bad thing for folks to take their time to work into things. I am sure that one things start developing in that direction there will be a fine assortment of botanical wonders!
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

06-01-2006, 10:35 AM,

Oh ok then
06-01-2006, 12:43 PM,

'course, if the famous and distinguished Dr Remux Dreadfire were to post some ideas they would be very welcome! Big Grin
Steven Erikson.

06-01-2006, 11:13 PM,

Well then the very distinguished Dr. Dreadfire shall post some ideas when he has some spare time
06-02-2006, 06:48 PM,

Cool
Steven Erikson.

07-15-2006, 09:10 PM,
RE: The Elsweyr Edition of the Botany Books
Ok taking from Special Flora of Tamriel:

:alert:Ingame :alert:
Nightshade is reputed to be a very poisonous herb. However the variety found in many parts of Elsweyr is cherished by Khajiits who have followed the career path of thievery. Many Khajiits will tuck a piece of Nightshade inside their armor to increase their abilities to skulk, hide and become invisible.

Even if Bethesda didnt care about that is was only in Elsweyr it was groving with to include it in Cyrodiil we should have it in Elweyr(as is where it belongs)
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
07-15-2006, 09:39 PM,
RE: The Elsweyr Edition of the Botany Books
:goodjob:

:lmao: I can see I am going to be following you all over Lit Dev now - :O hope I don't get lost...

You are quite correct. This is clearly famous in Elsweyr - what would the mod be without it?

I suspect that Lit Dev will have to take you on as a Research Assistant if you keep this up - which is almost unheard of as such a position is usually reserved for advanced students working on their Doctorates and you have not yet gained your Degree. I must consult with Perfessor KuKulzA on this... highly irregular. Wink
Steven Erikson.

07-16-2006, 05:41 AM,

Thank you guys.
The soul's condition is learning to fly
Condition grounded, but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Toung-tied and twisted, just an Earth-bound misfit, I