Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Exterior of Dumac
09-16-2008, 08:52 PM,

Yes, I remember that too.

I think we need to use the example of Sotha Sil's lair though. It's the only "complete" example (I guess the other 3 parts got destroyed or buried in the other 2 ruins).
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
09-16-2008, 08:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by nick_op
Wasn't there a test of patterns in one of the main Dwemer ruins? The one with the Mages Guild expedition, you had to pull the correct lever based on the lights to open up a hidden passage.

Yes see post 4 up :goodjob:

My self correction came as I remembered that all 4 tests are in
Tribunal not just 3

The Morrowind Version of Dumac has the test of Disorder included

theirs reference to it somewhere in these posts but the others are obscure, their was no quest in the Morrowind Version
Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-17-2008, 09:52 AM,

OK. So are all the tests going to be lined up in sequence (Patterns, Disorder, then Evasion then Confrontation?) at the entrance to the ruins?

09-17-2008, 12:58 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
OK. So are all the tests going to be lined up in sequence (Patterns, Disorder, then Evasion then Confrontation?) at the entrance to the ruins?

In a round about way yes, these are required to gain enterence into
the main city

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
09-18-2008, 01:49 AM,

What's probably going to happen is that the tests come one after another - you go through the door at the end of the test of patterns, and you're at the beginning of the test of disorder, etc.

Once you've done all the tests, we'll make an alternate way to get into the city so that players don't have to re-do everything - we could probably just have you go directly to the city from the front entrance instead of going through the tests manually.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
09-18-2008, 03:35 AM,

That sounds plausable and would make life easier on the player. It seems to me that the easiest way to do that would be 2 disabled doors, one at each end of the tests. Then once the tests are successfully done disable the enabled ones at those locations and enable the disabled ones.
09-19-2008, 05:24 PM,

Alternatively, two teleport panels on the floor at the end and beginning of the tests could light up on completing the tests (this allows the player to skip straight past them without the intervening rooms "disappearing", as would happen if we swapped around the doors).

09-21-2008, 01:59 PM,

Now that is an interesting thought. I would use an alternate design from the mage's guild portal though, something that looks like it belongs in the ruins. It wouldn't be that difficult to do. Either that or a door that connects past the tests - make them double back with a shortcut between them that only works after the tests are completed.
09-22-2008, 12:21 AM,

That does sound like a good idea - something so that the player knows he has bypassed the tests by being good enough to complete them. I think i might know a model we could use for that too - there's an open shaft model that's in the set that could do quite nicely - step into the tube, and it teleports you off.

Nifty!
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!