Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Gideon Carnival
03-01-2010, 10:55 PM,

I really like the look of all that so far...
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-03-2010, 05:05 PM,

Those pics are cool, IG. =) Which resources did you use?
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
03-03-2010, 06:07 PM,

These ones: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=29598 (for the Gypsy Wagon) and: http://oblivionsrealestate.com/Resources...urces.html (Carny Tents by Jagnot). The tapestries are from SI. I juggled what I had carefully to make sure it wasn't memory-expensive.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
03-04-2010, 07:48 PM,

Nice. Smile

Haha - I liked that Fruit Machine! Big Grin
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again.

[Image: mini-Skyrim2.jpg]
03-04-2010, 11:31 PM,

Some good progress here. I added the masks to the CS today and I felt the need to develop the carnival theme a little more so I've been working on a harlequin character. He's intentionally garish! The idea came from the mask that I added and I simply retextured Haskill's clothes as shown. The character will wear both the outfit and the mask. I'm quite pleased! I'm going to make use of our ancient banner model as well (we've had this file since before I joined and never used it until now).
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
03-04-2010, 11:51 PM,

It's great to see the carnival finally getting underway...

03-04-2010, 11:58 PM,

Carnival often has a nightmare side as well - how about a character in that plague doctor mask I've seen around here somewhere?
Morcroft Darkes
03-06-2010, 11:33 AM,

He's going to be used in Stormhold where disease is rife. Anaster Marrowmir will be found here in his top hat. Go check out the other masks. That's what we've got to work with here. A hood and mask combination might work really well. Anyway, a carnival in Gideon was always going to be nightmarish... =) . I'm not keen on going overboard with too many costumes although I'd welcome a few more. Some of the SI clothing has got to come in useful here anyhow.
03-08-2010, 09:35 PM,

A quick look at the initial carnival outlay in-game...I could use some decent banners stretched between the houses though....I may bring in some more tents. Gideon might be a little wet after all...

Edit - Would Gideon look better with a wider range of Carny tents such as these than of having the Night Mother Statue at its centre? I was considering placing the round one at the centre of town....or do you think we should keep the statue and add these tents? Or not add the extra tents at all? They're quite light in terms of memory usage.
04-16-2010, 12:16 PM,

Sorry, I only just noticed this. You should definitely have the tents in there, especially if it means avoiding the use of a vanilla statue.