Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Scathes
07-01-2006, 11:52 PM,

Yellow lava? I didn't say that. I thought you mean the red areas.

They should be deserty probably. A mix of ashlands and deserts.
07-01-2006, 11:53 PM,

Well, it's lava. I don't think it can possibly be a sandy (as in sand) desert, as all the desert in Morrowind is ash desert (no sand, where would it come from? Mountains are made of ash here...). Though I wouldn't mind seeing some sandy desert around the stronghold Marandus (I think?)

Anyways, we had better be careful to keep things more or less like they were in TESIII: Morrowind, to avoid confusion and messing up the lore.
07-01-2006, 11:56 PM,

How do you know its lava? It could be a unique environment instead.
07-01-2006, 11:58 PM,

I don't know what it is. Maybe it's where those crashed Silt Striders were (remember where Uvirith's Grave was?) with all the steam and bubbling sounds.
07-02-2006, 12:36 AM,

I never went there so Iodn't know. It probably is though.
07-03-2006, 10:31 PM,

remember how in TES3 they said certain area of Molag Amur was impassable even for Ashlanders?
well I thin that is the Great Scathes... and in the old discussions bac when IxidosBane and batman and Vrenir were around we had sorta concluded that this area, the Great Scathes, would be a broken primieval land full of ash, lava, and mean beasts... like offspring of MolagBal-Vivec rape and also the oldest creatures of this world... maybe ancient nix-hounds and the ancestors of the guar/kagouti/alit group and the ancestors of Kwama.... and maybe the biological forms of the Fabricants... unless Sotha Sil created them they must have come from somewhere... plus, his fabricants looked lie cyborgs... as if he took animals and made them partially mechanic...
I dunno those are my thoughts.... no one lives in the Great Scathes... save beasts...
07-04-2006, 06:12 AM,

Keep in mind that Lorkhan is a Padomaic being (as well as the Daedra), and Red Mountain looks a lot like Oblivion due to the Heart. However, the rest of the Vvardenfell area probably looks very chaotic (the diversity of the land). So, maybe that could explain the presence of sandy deserts in the middle of the ashlands.
07-04-2006, 11:57 AM,

umm... Red Mountain looks like Red Mountain and Oblivion looks like Oblivion...
and it wasn't always so... Red Mountain looked like a dormant volcano for a long time... bac when the ashlanders were bigger but less servere and there were Dwemer around and the Blight wasn't around so much...
Red Mt. is like that cause of Blight...

and I don't think having sandiness around in the Great Scathes is a good idea...
the old map was kinda showing yellowish lava, as in the stuff deep inside...
ever sat next to a camp-fire? the fire in the inside is blue and yellow flowing over the wood like waves, but the top fire, cooler too, is the flickering one trying to get the air...