Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Lazy Llama
04-07-2010, 05:22 PM,
The Lazy Llama
So, I've been gone quite a while and I'd really love to make a triumphant return proclaiming all the modelling progress I've made but I'm afraid it ain't so.

Now, I still love this mod and the direction its taking and more importantly the progress its made, which is a testament to all of your hard work. I guess the problem is that sometimes when you stop something for a while its hard to get back into it. Which is pretty much what has happened on my end.

This has happened to the extent that I have effectively drifted into the realms of collaborator/contrubtor and my awareness of this makes me a little uncomfortable/guilty about not being more active.

So my stance is this: I am well aware that in the next 4 months I am unlikely to have an awful lot fo time, and sadly a lack of inclination to mod. Now, I don't mind being moderator (if the need ever arose) etc. but I feel you deserve an admission that there are titles I have that I probably don't deserve any longer and you are free to strip them as you see fit Smile

On a lighter note, there are still a number of things I do intend at some stage to model for this project and I really enjoy being in touch and helping to guide the mod in the little ways I can.

So, I think that's pretty much it

x

edd
An Old Man is sitting on a Bench eating Soup. He is a fool.
04-07-2010, 05:35 PM,

Yo llamaranger,

Don't feel bad. I understand where you're coming from. Real Life IS more important, after all.

I also get the urge to stop modding for periods of time. Those are the times I announce a modding vacation..then I goez and playz me some actual games for once, heheh.

But I understand that your announcement might be more of a permanent one, perhaps. Either way, enjoy yourself and god luck!

I still hope to see you around here, from time to time.

Koniption
Yeah, don't let those little turds get you down. Dingleberries stick for a while, but eventually they fall off. Cool
04-07-2010, 05:50 PM,

It's good to see you around nevertheless, llama. You're always welcome after your contributions and I'd hate to see you tied down to things that were becoming a drag. I realise that those Soulrest interiors were causing you a little angst. If you can just chip away at them some time then that would be great but we have plenty to go on for the time being. Nevertheless, we'd need them doing at some point even if it's not yourself who finishes them off.

You're right about the status. Deeza and I are very active and when Deeza has had an occasional absence I've always been aware of what's been happening. That ensures core cohesion and I think that's how it's got to be. However, your very long association with this mod is not going to end due to a reduction in availability. However, I do feel that the time is right to award some members with other titles...I'm just not sure what and to whom.

Nevertheless, I feel that the likes of DoZeNt could gain entry into the core on merit but I wouldn't want to force moderation duties on him when it's really not that necessary. Others contributions are already well-recognised through their excellent work but even Koniption prefers to dip in and out and avoid moderation. It's really the contributions and, more importantly, commitment that decides on ranking.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-07-2010, 08:41 PM,

I had this exact same issue a while ago, so don't feel bad Big Grin. You will find that your interest will come and go, especially after long periods of modding, but you will also find you'll get inspiration from odd places when you're not modding, this usually generates enough interest that you decided to get stuck into modding again.

Also I tend to appear/disspear too, I'm like a ninja :lmao:
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]