Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Morag Tong sidequest: Kidnapped
04-25-2007, 05:06 PM,

I think that we should have some kind of side quests, like in DB, when hunting down that argonian. But something simillar to it.

How about someone in the Guild give you a task, like this one:

This person tells you that he/she can't leave the hall to do an earant that he/she has to do, so he/she asks you if you can do it instead. You are told that this person was to go to another NPC's home to give back a thing that he/she had borrowed from the other NPC. As you think it won't be that hard, you'll accept to do it.
Whe you get to the others NPC's home, you get inside, and there you discover the NPC with two other NPC's besideds him/her, this doesn't look good.
The NPC asks you where the quest giver is, and you tell the NPC that the quest give couldn't come and sent you instead. Then the NPC says "well, then we have to take you instead then." Then everything goes black, as another thug had stood hidden behind the door when you enterd(A bit far fetched but...)and had hit you in the head from behind. When you wake up you are in a room that looks like a prison cell, and then the NPC come to you and asks you where the quest giver is, but this you won't answer as you won't betray your friends. Then he/she becomes furious and walks away saying that you won't get any more food untill you tell him/her where the quest giver is, and that he/she will visit you again tomorrow, only leaving one of the thugs left there to guard you.
If you look around in you cell, you will find some lookpics in a corner, how they now could have forgotten them thereTongue, and you coulld use them to try and pick the look when the guard has gone to bed, as he doesn't see you as a threat he can sleep some.
When you are out of your cell, you will see a dagger lying on a table besides the guards bed, you take it, and if you want you can kill the guard, or sneak out with out killing him.
Then you will have to sneak out from the place where they are holding you, and on the way you might bump into some more thugs, and if you ain't good enough on sneaking they will try and kill you, and it won't be easy as you only have some pants and a dagger, if you didn't kill the first guard, then you have some better equipment. This as they took all your belongings before they put you into the cell.
Well, when you are on the top floor, or the floor with the door out, as you have been in a basement, you will see a chest marked 'disposal chest' and if you look in it, you will find all of your stuff there, which they was supposed to get rid of, when finished dealing with you. This will be in a journal entry, that you should look in the room for maybe a chest containing your stuff, so you won't think that everything is gone.

When you have gotten back to the guild hall, this will be a little harder as the place where you were taken to is a abandoned house in the middle of nowhere outside the city, you will confront the quest giver, and ask why he/she didn't go by him/her self, then he/she tells you that he/she knew they were waiting in that house, and that he/she is sorry for everything that have happend, and he/she will do what every you want, in some limits that is, here you will be asked if you want to learn some spells, or get a nice new sword or something like that, it will have to be an item or spell, and if you chose the spells you will learn them immidiatly,if some of the items, you will have to wait 24 hours to get them from the quest giver as he/she needs some time to aquire it for you.
After this, you can chose to ask the Guild master if he could write a writ on this kiddnaper of yours, for you, you got the name from the quest giver in the begining to know which house to go to. He/she agrees.
He/she promise that he/she will take care of this one personaly, with some extra assistance, as he/she finds it hard to get rid of 4-5 persons on his/her own.

If you go to the kiddnapers house 24 hours later you will find it blocked by a city guard, saying that it is a crime scene, and you aren't allowed, and if you ask again he tells you that the owner of the house was fond in here after an annonomus tip late last night, and to his chest was a writ pinned with a dagger. And on it it was a direction to a house where they found some wanted criminals, also with writs on them. And as they hade investigated the house, they found a torture pit and some prison cells.
But he tells you that as it was writs on theas persons, the investigation will be dropped soon, as on one really is sorry for the losses of theas lives.
The quest ends here, not when you have talked to the guild master.

How about this?
Finished Claims
Scc0304 | Scc0330 | Scc0330A
Scc0331 | Scc0338 | Scc0347
Scc0363 |
Steadhelm 01 | Steadhelm 02 | Steadhelm 03
Steadhelm 04 | Steadhelm 09 | Steadhelm 10
Steadhelm 11 | Steadhelm 12 | Steadhelm 16
Steadhelm 23A | Steadhelm 23 | Steadhelm 31
Steadhelm 32 | Steadhelm 35 | Steadhelm 36
Steadhelm 42 | Steadhelm 44 | Steadhelm 45
Steadhelm 46 | Steadhelm 47 | Steadhelm 48
Steadhelm 49 | Shrc02 Farm | Shrc01 Hlivam Estate

Claims under construction
04-25-2007, 08:18 PM,

Hmm well what are the motives in here? Like why would your own guildmember betray you and send you to get kidnapped...

And why is the person doing the kidnapping in the first place?

A good concept though. Getting set up and kidnapped is definitely a way to break the monotony of killing (if killing can ever get boring?)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-26-2007, 07:43 AM,

Ok, maybe I was a bit unclear, but then we can make the quest giver that he/she is really sick so he/she can't go, and that he/she doesn't know that there will be more people there waiting for you to kiddnap you.

And for the reason they kiddnap you is that this item the quest giver had borrowd, was very valuable, and the quest giver had broken it, and now he/she was supposed to pay the worth of it in gold, and if he/she didn't have the money, they would make him/her pay with slave labour for some years in the prison they take you too.

And in the dialouge with the person that lent the item, he asks if you have the money from the quest giver, and you can only answer No to that, or this quest will be uselessTongue And then when he notice that you don't have the money, he says that he hopes that 'the quest giver' will be sorry for sending you, as he/she won't see you again. Then it goes black.

How about that fix? Does it make it better? I can improve the dialouge if you want it more detailed later.
Finished Claims
Scc0363 |

04-26-2007, 08:04 PM,

Hmm well that does take care of the motives alright, but couldn't you just pay for the item yourself? I don't really want to eliminate solutions that would make logical sense, because then people (people like me actually) will ask why they couldn't just pay for the item and not get kidnapped. Maybe we could refine it to make it less avoidable.... hmm

What if... hmm, well we could make the quest-giver expendable, so that it becomes a true setup, with the item just as the reason you originally take the quest. Then you get kidnapped, bust out, kill everyone, ect. We should probably discuss this in it's own thread though
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-26-2007, 08:42 PM,

Ok, if we make this so that you can pay the 'fine', it will be very high, about 6-7k?
And if you pay this, you go back to the quest giver, say that you have payed for the broken item, and something happens, I don't have time to figure that out right now, I will tomorrow. And when you leave the guild hall again, you will be aproached by the guy you just paid the money to, and he says he wants to talk to you about a speciall offer that you just have to take a look at. You can't say no to that, can you? Of a coincidens it is in his house, as you may feel a bit unsure about it you'l do it anyway. But this time, you are led thrue some alleys, and in one of them you are knocked uncontious, this time for that they think that you have alot more money then you look to have.

And there the quest begins again in the way that you have to break out again.
But this time you will get your money back from the guild master when he have dealt with the kiddnapper, he says that he found it still on the kiddnapper when he killed him, and he thought that you should have it back.

Is that ok, or d oyou have something else in mind?
Finished Claims
Scc0363 |

04-26-2007, 09:09 PM,

Hmm, i think it might be interesting if it was a complete setup, where the quest giver knows you're going to be kidnapped, and indeed is part of the plan. Makes it more dark and sinister, and could also be a way to set up the DB...

After the kidnapping, you have to find out who these people were, and you figure out that the person in the guild was a DB operator, trying to screw with the guild by kidnapping their members with the help of rival gangs. It'll just be a small introduction to the DB in Silgrad. Sort of an optional segway into the main quest if you will.

Like it? It might be farther from your original idea, but i think it would make a fine sidequest with narrative value. Plus it removes many of the complexities of paying, motive, ect.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-27-2007, 05:31 AM,

Yes, I like it :yes:!

I don't mind if I get help with my ides for quests, and it would fit as an introduction to the DB thing. But that complicates things when you get out. Shoud it be that when you get back and tell both the quest giver and the guild master, that the guild master asks you to keep an eye on the quest giver, without he/she knowing.
And when you follow the quest giver out of the guild hall, to his/her house (he/she can live in an own house), you wait outside to see if anything happens. That is when you see a DB member coming up the street and go into his/her house.
When the DB member leaves again, you go back to the hall and tells the master, and he says that we should wait till the morning to do anything.
and on the morning, the quest giver comes back, when now everyone thought he/she would lie dead. This is when you begin to suspect that he/she is a DB undercover.

Can't make more now, go to go to school :no:
Finished Claims
Scc0363 |

04-27-2007, 04:03 PM,

And now it looks like I have to come up with a new side quest, as this looks like it will be woven into the main quest lineTongue
Finished Claims
Scc0363 |

04-27-2007, 08:26 PM,

Haha i'll just steal your next sidequest too!

This doesn't have to be in the main quest though. I think it could work as a sidequest that is completely optional, but ties in nicely with the mainquest.

Though i must say, this would fit perfectly into the main quest, and i think i might just take it. I was already planning for the DB to set you up somehow, and this could be perfect. Prehaps it could be a small branch in the MQ? If you do this you don't have to do the writ setup.

Looking forward to seeing your next idea
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
04-27-2007, 10:55 PM,

I have no problem at all with it being take up into a 'higher level' of the quest rankBig Grin And I think that I will probably come up with a good quest that we can have instead in a day or two...
Finished Claims
Scc0363 |