Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Old Plugin Compatibility Saw
08-06-2008, 07:21 PM,
The Old Plugin Compatibility Saw
Got a bit of a question for BOB or others here that might know about plugin compatibility of the last release of TES III ST with another plugin.
I have installed currently on my TES III Morrowind a plugin called SOD or Sea of Destiny and I was wondering if anyone knew if the landmass on it will interfere with the landmass area of ST? As SOD has it's own BSA and incorporates itself into Morrowind if I have to remove it in order to play ST I will have to completely re-install Morrowind and the many other plugins I play Morrowind with as well.
I guess my real question is the basic cordinates of the landmass of ST.
Any advice or help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

MAF
"The more we seek to do, the more time becomes our enemy."

The Boserman
08-06-2008, 08:01 PM,
RE: The Old Plugin Compatibility Saw
Sea of Destiny is not compatible with the NEW release which is 1-4_6
but as I have stated before, 1-4_6 was not intended for public release only for our team to be able to download it and use it

1-4_3 is the usable release, it IS compatible with Sea of Destiny

Please keep in mind 1-4_3 was also not completed and many quests are broken, its still a great landmass to look around and do some adventuring

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-10-2008, 09:09 AM,
ST 1-4_3 not completed
Yes Bob, I'm afraid I would have to completely agree with you on the fact that 1-4_3 not being completed. And apparently from what I've seen so far, the play-testing and error checking was almost nil with it as well. I walked into some major bugs with the Ashranashurbi, End of Dreams Shrine.

I'm not meaning to flame anyone or anything here, that is not my intention at all, but I do need to say that I don't quite understand the logic behind releasing a file to the public use, that is so blatantly full of bugs, script errors, deletions, and player functionality errors and traps.
From a personal point of view, I would only see this as something that damages the reputation of TES III ST, and would cause people in the public to just shy away from it.
Maybe I'm just not clearly understanding the bottom line goals of the project and the team. It all just seems a little odd to me that so much work would be done and yet the functional quality of it would be so low.
I may be missing the whole point entirely here, as I said, I just don't know.

From what I've seen, TES III ST has the POTENTIAL for being an awesome mod for Morrowind, but as it stands now with PV 1-4_3 the required quality is just not there.
I'm not making a plug here for anyone else, but from what I've seen from people like Emma in White Wolf of Lokken, and Witch Girl, she and whomever she has working with her on projects, are aware of functional quality being an important part of publicly released mods.
Anyone is welcome to flame me as much as they may care to here, I really don't mind at all, but I do have a valid point.
In my own personal viewpoint any public use mod without good functional quality is a waste of time and effort, but that's just me.

MAF
"The more we seek to do, the more time becomes our enemy."

The Boserman
08-10-2008, 04:42 PM,

I am more or less a bystander as regards TES3, but I pose a question: would it be possible to take the existing fixes and integrate them in 1.4.3 so as to eliminate the already-fixed glitches? I had actually been thinking about something like that as an intermediate to the somewhat buggy 1.4.3 and the still-on-the-horizon 1.4.6. I do have to add with a degree of snark that to make something as large as 1.4.3 more bulletproof, it does in fact help to have people willing to fix the broken stuff; Bob, myself and others have done a fair bit of that.

Steve
08-10-2008, 07:16 PM,

Boserman

I adittedly agree that 1-4_3 was not up to par for release.

The reasons for which it was put out in this condition I can not answer since I was not part of that decision.

I can say even though it is not completed, I enjoyed what was available, the awesome landscape and the incredible interior designs that were in this mod is the primary reason I joined this team and I have dedicated myself to adding to and fixing the morrowind version of Silgrad the best I can and suppor the other facets of this community.

The modders in this community are superb (past and present) !!!

Unfortunatly, as you can probably see, the ranks of Morrowind modders in the forum are scarce and have been for quite some time.

Though I have great support for my fellow core members and the other modders and members, and those that have given time and added bits and pieces to this. We are really only a team of 2 full timers

I made the decision along time ago that we would focus on expanding rather than fixing everything first

We have made several fixes and additions to 1-4_3 which are available to download and install in the warehouse section and as we add to it at some point I can petition to upload a new release with the additions and fixes included

But until then we are working on expanding into the Velothi Mountains south of Silgrad City

We were nearly complete at one point and due to some issues in my home life everything went away.. I began recovering everything and have put most of the interiors back in place. Thats really about it for now

Hope this helps explain some of what your experiencing

If you have any questions please ask and their is no need to apologize for your concerns

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories