Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Sixth House?
12-16-2005, 12:25 AM,
The Sixth House?
Without their beloved Voryn Dagoth, what purpose does House Dagoth serve now?
12-16-2005, 12:55 AM,

survival
let me think of a real-life example... or historical.... hmmm....
okay..... I have it now, hold on.... ready?

the Mayans.... after they were "conquered", their people dying of disease, their religion swiftly getting obliterated, their lands taken, and their lives wasted on labor and subjugation...
but they were a people, and a hardy people... The Yucatan Mayans launched a major uprising starting in July 1847 called the Caste War. The Mayans had revolted and they regained 90% of their lands and held all of the Yucat?n except Campeche and Merida. Unfortunately they had to return to the fields to harvest their food when the season came... or they would have totally re-taken their homeland....

well, House Dagoth is more than a tool... House Dagoth was and in a few ways still is a Great House... over the years since the almost successful extermination of House Dagoth, many members in secret had risen up to "recreate" their House and take Vvardenfell back... (though those were failed attempts since these fanatical and seasoned rebels were usually beaten & outnumbered by the battalions of Ordinators and the Buoyant Armigers)..... that's where House Dagoth was mostly... though they were spread widely around Morrowind. Now that Dagoth Ur is gone, the remains of his House will be fighting for survival... they cannot rely on their lord's gifts and corprus.... they need to fight with magic and weapons to find places to hide, bide their time, and regain their numbers....
They were exterminated because Dagoth refused to give the tools to the Tribunal.... which is eviler who knows... both were in many ways, and both were good also...
but House Dagoth is like the Mayans today... a surviving people, but barely living through extermination, assimilation, and subjugation.....

so if you were one of the few of your kind, no one will take you in, you and your friends are alone... no allies, everyone is after you because of the decisions and lies of three self-made and treacherous gods, and you hope of return was thwarted with the death of your leader.... all you have left to do is to fight for survival... hide in the wilderness... and regain your strength... or you die....
and House Dagoth seems to be quite a hardy bunch....
so you say what is their "purpose"? The Mayans were ruled by priest-kings... those rulers are gone... does that mean the Mayans are? Dagoth Ur is dead... does that mean the ancient House Dagoth is dead? NO... their purpose? to survive... they need to... or... they will die out...
those are their choices... live or die...
"purpose"? well, they will continue their agenda of trying to regain their prestiege as a House and retake their lands and holdings... so what purpose? dreamers and sleepers may not be able to achieve ascension... but many of them are devoted to House Dagoth... they can't make Akulakhan the second numidium.... but the must fight for their lives
12-16-2005, 01:27 AM,

And then there's the whole thing about souls passing on to the Outer Realms, the time altering behavior of the Heart of Lorkhan, why the Heart disappeared simply after connections to it were severed (the Heart existed on Nirn BEFORE Kagrenac enchanted it), etc.
12-16-2005, 01:30 AM,

You know, Kukulza, that is about the eighth time you used that analogy.
12-16-2005, 01:41 AM,

exaggeration... more like the 3rd time
... I could use a Carthaginian analogy... or a Japanese analogy... or an everyday life analogy...
but I like Mayans.... VERY interesting civilization...
12-16-2005, 02:01 AM,

As are the Carthaginians, and the Japanese. Modern day sucks
12-16-2005, 02:09 AM,

guns ruin everything....
we should all go back to medieval weaponry where everyone has a chance....
12-16-2005, 02:15 AM,

mayans kick ass man! are you guys ready for 2012?
"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"

"The ignorant say more than they know, the wise know more than they say"
12-16-2005, 02:36 AM,

yeah...
I am saving money so that I cantravel to and sacrifice myself in a cenote... just need to live till then...
bloodletting could work... but I don't think that would be enough...
I mean it will be year 2012....

meaning lets finish this mod before 2012 so we can play it, enjoy and then await whatever awaits us at the end of time!!! ...on the winter solstice...

by watching the sky with their very one eyes and orally remembering and also writing it down... the ancient Maya 2300 years ago predicted the december 21 (?) 2012 winter solstice...

AMAZING!
12-16-2005, 03:40 AM,

Ah, I love that prophecy. Actually, I don't believe we're going to die. I think the calendar will end, bringing an ice age. Desribed as "the curtain falling"