Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Temple of Two-Moons Dance
09-11-2006, 08:14 PM,

So for the Khajiit it might be the 'Way of Tooth and Claw'?
Because loyalty is not to be spoken of and honour is to be endured. Whilst courage is to be survived. These virtues belong to silence.
Steven Erikson.

But, if one man does nothing can he be said to be good? raggidman
10-08-2006, 03:11 PM,

as for ranks what do people think? Master is must.. Archpriest is highest but can the player advance to it? and how many? first is novice? or something like that?

I suppose we end the story with a ending celebration.. one benefit could be the ablity of having a companion.. (one you get to know with the quest line.. ?)
The meaning of life is 'Bucket'.
10-09-2006, 02:02 AM,

Hastily made brainstorm ideas: (In no particular order)
Initiate
Luminary
Priest (Kind of obvious...)
Wet (Behind the) Ear
Brother/Sister
10-09-2006, 11:24 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Captain
Hastily made brainstorm ideas: (In no particular order)
Initiate
Luminary
Priest (Kind of obvious...)
Wet (Behind the) Ear
Brother/Sister
Initiate = first :check:
Luminary = :alert: This is a training temple for hand2hand.. .. they dont go were the quest-line go.. (priests.. Luminary too..)
Priest = :alert: This is a training temple for hand2hand.. they dont go were the quest-line go.. (priests..)
Wet (Behind the) Ear = crazy.. Big Grin
Brother/Sister = we can assume thats the title they use when speaking to each other..
10-09-2006, 11:47 AM,

From the descriptions, I figured this to be both a (sort of) religion AND a hand2hand school. Stuff like through focusing on your physical strength, you gain mental enlightenment, etc.
10-09-2006, 12:26 PM,

they do.. but people go there only to be master, not to be priests in their religion..
04-02-2007, 12:05 PM,

Quote:Ne Quin-al, where great warriors were born and trained - its Temple of Two-Moons Dance is famous even in our day - might trade its warriors to Torval in exchange for fish and other bounties of the sea. The dominance of each region was checked by the moons.
Something isn't right here...
Due to this it can be assume that there is more that one Temple of Two-Moons Dance.

As to say more to Captain:
People who join the temple come to become Masters in Hand2Hand not to praise Riddle'Thar.
The other things they learn is mostly to become better fighters. And probably so that they choose the right fights.
04-02-2007, 07:24 PM,

Interesting... :eek:
04-28-2007, 05:31 PM,

The questline of The Temple of Two Moons Dance will be kinda strange..

First signing in... Scrap any test at the beginning. The temple is open to anyone.

The some lessons..

Advancing from beginner to elite. Some more lessons... with some powers being rewards for playing a good part in them.

Then the festival were you are to fight your way up to the final. Advancing to master if successful in defeating all. (This is more or less a test as when being trained as Elite you are really learning the ways of the masters.)

Then if wanted(by us)... The choice of leaving the Temple or becoming a teacher. Even if choosing leaving you will always be welcome to return and become a teacher.

If becoming a teacher you'll just get some repeatable quests.. (teaching students) Might be a idea for further work on this faction after completing the first full release.

That something ala what the questline will be if not we make it something extraordinary who allow the player to join in some special role. Which in most terms will be hard to do as the Temple doesn't seem to care for politics.

And by any means the Temple compound is most likely quite large.

Now about those lesson they'd be some listening and some fighting.. And I'd suggest making the lessons at specific times after each other.

and I'd say make the festival extremely hard and repeatable if losing. (training at the Temple is supposed to be over several years)

My suggestions for ranks:
Initiate: From joining till the first lesson.
Beginner: from first lesson till first elite lesson.
Elite: from first elite lesson till winning the festival.
Master: from winning the festival till lifetime.
05-07-2007, 10:31 AM,

I hate doing this.. *bump*