Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Weather Man/Woman
03-22-2007, 12:28 PM,
The Weather Man/Woman
Howdy

This would require a weather change so if is not possible to manipulate the weather in a cell , someone say so right away !!!

Simple little quest Big Grin

In your travels you come across some farms (location ?)
Talking to the farmers they will tell you that the crops have
been poor due to the lack of rain. (rumors) or (part of "my trade")
(the landscape in that area should reflect such dryness)

At this point the only update the player gets is "farmers say it hasn't rained in a long time, and crops are poor" taling to anyone else will yeild the same results....untill.....

the player talks to a merchant.. any general merchant (or we can pick a specific merchant) in the nearest town/city/village (location ?) will tell you that the lack of rain is affecting thier business.

This will prompt the player to ask about the weather.

The merchant will say yada yada yada (insert dialogue) a long time ago when their was drought in the land they called on a shaman who could make it rain !...yada yada yada talk to a Nord.

(We need a Nord, whom would know about history and myth)

Talking to the Nord will reveal the legend of the Rainmaker, (insert story)
and reference some old text. (need Book and title) a story book, but a rare one that wouldn't be kept at any bookstore but might be kept by a noble or a writer or a bard. !!

(decide who has book)

Find book and read. the book will tell the story of the shaman who could make it rain, by the use of "special gloves"

The gloves can be of any type and should provide the wearer with a few minor special magic's and also make it rain (1 time use only)(once the gloves are used the rain making effect is gone)

The book will also mention how the rainmaker eventually died and was layed to rest in a tomb near the skyrim boarder....

Find the tomb

In the tomb you will discover the bones of one shaman and scattered debris as the tomb has been looted, you will find in the debri some torn material which will prompt the player to check local tailors and seamstresses(another seamstress quest Smile )

One of the tailors will tell you that they had seen this material on a pair of gloves, (insert name) had brough them in for repair, but the tailor could not match the material and so (insert name) left.

Find (insert name) in the town and ask about the gloves

a) (insert name) doesn't know what they can do and will gladly sell them to you for a few gold

or

b) (insert name) knows what the gloves are for and is not willing to part with them and demands you give (insert name) the torn piece.

(work the above out)

regardless of which above we decide, eventually you recover the gloves

take them to the tailor and have them repaired

travel back to the farm and speak with a farmer, tell him/her that your willing to help with the drought, the farmer will offer to reward you with a profit from his/her crop sales

(select location to cast) Go out to a predetermined location and cast the spell using the gloves. it rains

return to the farmer and he/she will thank you and be instructed to return for (players share) of profits

Go and talk to the merchant who you spoke to the first time and receive additional reward of (???)

After 5 days (game time) return to the farm to see the crops have appeared
and collect share of profit. If the player returns every 3 days he/she will collect (XXX amount)

Suggestions

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
03-22-2007, 02:16 PM,

It's possible, don't worry. If you look at how Kvatch has Oblivion weather outside until you kill the gate, it works.
Lol what?
03-22-2007, 05:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by IAMTHEEMPEROR
It's possible, don't worry. If you look at how Kvatch has Oblivion weather outside until you kill the gate, it works.

Excellant news =)

Thanks Much

Bob

03-22-2007, 09:20 PM,

Sounds like a fairly enjoyable quest. Not too simple, and not a dungeon crawler. How large a region is this going to affect? And will we get to keep the gloves? cause that'd be cool.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
03-22-2007, 10:55 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Seniosh
Sounds like a fairly enjoyable quest. Not too simple, and not a dungeon crawler. How large a region is this going to affect? And will we get to keep the gloves? cause that'd be cool.

Thanks

The area affected should only be the target cell and surrounding cells, but if it has to be manipulated by region thats ok too.

The player keeps the gloves, its not intended that the rain making ability be used more than just the one time, but if its possible to make it a re-occuring ability then.. sure why not.. the effect can last for a few game hours once it is cast and then go back to the normal weather pattern for that area

I would, however want the gloves to have another enchantment, such as an increase to Illusion and Resoration to make them worth keeping

Enjoy
Bob

03-23-2007, 12:44 AM,

I think you could make the weather a permanant enchantment, rather than something scripted to only work once for a group of cells. It'd be pretty cool to make it rain whenever you felt like it, and an attribute bonus would make it functional as well as extremely nifty.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
03-23-2007, 12:54 AM,

If its something we can do without messing up the game weather patterns then sure lets make it permanent ! Big Grin

03-23-2007, 01:08 AM,

I'm absolutely sure it's possible, and i think people may have already made weather-control spells. Now all we need to do is either a) get a really good scripter for ST to do this for us, or b) beg and plead for the scripts to some other weather controlling mod.

[edit]

wow, actually i take back what i said. This shouldn't be hard at all, considering there is a setweather command in the CS. It'd probably be pretty easy to use that to have all-around weather gauntlets, with which you can change the weather to ANYTHING you wanted. Additional weather commands give us the ability to a) stop all precipitation in the group of cells and b) detect when it DOES finally rain, releaseing the cells from draught.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
03-23-2007, 01:32 AM,

Then that settles that part of it, we make the gloves with a usable command to make it rain or stop raining

Unless someone else comes along with a reason why it wouldn't work Confusedhrug:

It will be a more prized posession so I will have to modify the quest a bit to make it slightly more difficult yet keep it simple

Smile

03-23-2007, 01:38 AM,

Oh hey! the worldspaces have finally been unified, which means that someone can do this right on the actual landscape right? That's sweet! Whoever does this would have to then also make a small farming village i guess, and make it look parched and dry. Before that happens of course, a spot will have to be chosen, and from there you'd have to make the village and shaman's tomb.

But still, the exterior was previously pretty much off-limits. Exciting that this'll be done with v2.

I'd claim this myself, but i'm still not exactly sure what's happening with the nordic mine i'm making. Details there need to be cleared up, and prehaps the entire thing can be moved to the WIP thread.
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala