Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ancient strongholds
05-15-2006, 12:04 AM,
The ancient strongholds
Well, here's what I was thinking and was bothering KuKulzA to get in the chat to talk about 8235789237589237895789327589172389057089123759081235^3.14 times.

Look on the hand drawn map that came with TES3. Notice how the strongholds are tanish? Perhaps the strongholds could be made out of bricks of that color (I don't think Vvardenfell was filled with ash before the War of the First Council, so I think it'd be just a little hard for them to gather ash to make the bricks from) (I'd imagine the depressions between the bricks to be not too defined, but still there). In the Ashlands, the strongholds could have a grayish color, though, due to all the ash accumulating on them. The strongholds also might not have to be strictly structures on massive pylons. For example, one could be a tower or two built against the side of a small mountain.
05-15-2006, 12:21 AM,

I think... that this is the case...

Andasreth - West Gash - Redoran
Barysimayn - Molag Amur - 6th House
Berendas - West Gash - Redoran
Falasmaryon - N. Ashlands - 6th House
Falensarano - Grazeland - Zainab
Hlormaren - Bitter Coast - Argonian
Indoranyon - Grazeland - Dagon Cult
Kogoruhn - N. Ashlands - 6th House
Marandas - Molag Amur - Redoran
Rotheran - Sheogorad - betmer
Valenvaryon - N. Ashlands - Orc

what we need to consider is region as well as ownership. In the west gash, the strongholds will have a redder brick look with a bit of muddiness... in the ashlands/molag Amur they would appear as they have... in the Grazeland perhaps as Old Zimbabwe is, a bit ruined a brown-grey. In the Sheogorad as well as Bitter Coast the stone might be greener from the moisture attracting mosses and such.
05-20-2006, 03:56 PM,

Hmm... after thinking a bit on my idea of a stronghold being a tower, perhaps we should have some lesser strongholds in various places (like at passes between two hills) as well as the strongholds we know from TES3.
05-26-2006, 09:41 PM,

The regions shouldn't really affect the color of the exterior walls THAT much... maybe a little near the ground, and perhaps Hlormaren is overgrown. Maybe Kogoruhn was made of that tanish brick in ancient times, but its walls were very weakened and destroyed in some parts in the Temple's extermination of House Dagoth, and when it was reclaimed, they rebuild most of the walls from very rough and strong ash rocks, but you can still see fragments of the original walls?