Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The current post count thread
10-14-2008, 01:31 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Senten
My total post is 722 with this post. (1,86/day)

Depends on what number you use. Posts made on the Raven boards don't add to your post count because we don't want to encourage folks to post here for that reason, we just want them to post because they want to talk to each other.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
10-14-2008, 01:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing

The old forum didn't come back online after we switched to the new server in September 2007. I updated all the server data I could find, but it still wouldn't work. Or rather... the old forum displays a #1064 error, saying something is wrong with the "sql syntax". Not sure what that is... but maybe it's possible the error is not related to the new server data? Though I don't get what could be the problem in that case because I don't believe I changed anything other than the server adress, username, etc.

Could you use an sql file? If so I'll upload a copy to a secure location tomorrow and send you the download link Smile

I ran a quick google search in concern to the error number, I was led to the link below for a possible fix.

Forum Link
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-14-2008, 08:12 PM,

Hello InsanitySorrow,

thanks a lot for the link. Even though we face a different problem than the one described in the thread, it led me to a refined search of my own and I think the problem is related to the reserved words for MySQL, which require special treatment; description plus list of words here - and 'mod' is among them!.

The only thing I have to do now is to find the exact culprit and fix the syntax.

Wish me luck guys. Wink

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
10-14-2008, 10:14 PM,

UPDATE:

it ain't of course as easy as easy as I had hoped, but I might have found a hint in a German forum where someone had exactly the same problem as we had. The solution contains a lot of search and destr ... and replace and this has to wait until late. At the moment I feel too :mchm: for anything but going to bed. So it's good night for now.

Greetings,

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
10-15-2008, 12:41 PM,

Good luck with that, hope you can fix it. =)
[color="#9ACD32"]How do you Skyrim? Show Us in TES Alliance's [url="http://tesalliance.org/forums/index.php?/forum/112-official-skyrim-contest/"]Salute to Skyrim Contest[/url]![/color]
10-15-2008, 01:23 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Quote:Originally posted by Senten
My total post is 722 with this post. (1,86/day)

Depends on what number you use. Posts made on the Raven boards don't add to your post count because we don't want to encourage folks to post here for that reason, we just want them to post because they want to talk to each other.

Yes,i understand you. Btw,i lost 35 post.Something is removed?