Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The editor..
04-28-2005, 03:36 PM,
The editor..
I was curious.. I see alot of talk about re-doing entire Silgrad.. but I dont see alot of talk about the facts about the editor..

What r the facts.. will old files be importable and then able to be conferted to new style?.. do we have to do everything a new.. if so I would like to propose a more manageble scale.. since no matter how great Silgrad is now.. is painfully incomplete.. I would like to see a more complete version when we do the Oblivion thing.

How will the new editor be.. is it along the same lines of this editor?.. will it be more difficult.. will everyone be able to work with it.... or is it confirmed that there will be a new editor???

All these questions that are seeping through my soul.. if their allready answered in prev posts when I wasnt around.. my appologise.. I hope to read the new posts then...

-D- Big Grin
04-29-2005, 02:37 AM,

hey it's been a long time since we have talked we should do it more often. I have been working with Razorwing on ideas and gathering information. Here is what I know:

thier is an exterior land editor that will make exteriors easer to make.

Quests are sapose to be easer to make and implement.

Npc's all have vioces and have daily retines and lives.

Guards and NPC's can move from interior to exterior to chace of follow you.

Nordic and Impeiral tilesates will be in the editor.

We will have to redo allot of moddels making them better.

I have more but I'll have to look for it.
04-29-2005, 04:01 AM,

I believe that in one of the official interviews, one of the Devs had stated that the CS will be much like the Morrowind CS, only some noticable changes.

The quests will definatley be more easy to follow and look up in the editor, and you will be able to select and area and compile the foliage and ground with the touch of a button, and then hand place objects as well. It would make the forests and things much easier to create.

I do not think that the models can be imported, but it is still a new version of the original engine, so it may still read .nifs.. ?(

-NR
Honorary Member of Silgrad Tower

Buy a Silgrad T-Shirt*
*not sold anywhere
05-01-2005, 07:33 AM,

Deus: If you want to catch up on the features of Oblivion, I could recommend reading the interviews the devs have made to various magazines. I'm sure they're reported on most sites covering Oblivion. Sifting through the "Dev posts" threads on the official forums can also give a lot of information. Also check out http://www.waiting4oblivion.com if you haven't yet, and read Morganthefay's report on the Gamestar video and check out the pictures she made. By doing those things you'll get the info straight from the horse's mouth.

Importing models from Morrowind won't be a problem (assuming they release a 3DSM-to-NIF exporter for Oblivion, which I'm sure they will).
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]