Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The marsh, how are we gonna do it?
05-27-2006, 03:17 PM,
The marsh, how are we gonna do it?
The marsh.. literally.. i mean the texture for marsh.. did Oblivion have any ready texture for marsh we are gonna use? I doubt at least cant remember so we need new ground textures right? Marsh should feel like marsh.. only a marsh-ground-texture might do it and then small water pits or ponds here and there right?
Or are we going to put up a ground first.. quite flat (i mean what is on level 0 is all flat but theres small hills here and there too) and small amount of water over the flat.. so that youre feet sink into the water a bit like in marsh.. then cover the water with new texture that looks like a marsh.. im not sure how that water thing would work so, i suppose just regualr ground with marsh texture and waterponts a plenty is more stable? Just thinking of the options Tongue

[Image: marsh_solid.jpg]
Marsh is just solid ground with marsh texture.. and ponds of water add feel

[Image: marsh_watery.jpg]
Marsh is actually covered in liquid so you sink your feet or more.. its water with new texture on top of it.. the hills and trees raise from it.
05-27-2006, 09:52 PM,

I think we should do a mix of both, and LOTS of different textures... or the mash will get real boring...
05-27-2006, 10:33 PM,

yeah in some parts you should sink into the water not so deep you have to swimm though and in other parts you should be able to walk normally
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
05-28-2006, 02:57 AM,

Water may not be changeable. What we could do is make 2d models that lay over top of the water like lily pads or thick muck.
05-28-2006, 06:06 AM,

I think you can beacause I was playing around with the editor and I saw a screen that says Water type:Normal Water
Sewer Water and so on
05-28-2006, 11:24 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Remux Dreadfire
I think you can beacause I was playing around with the editor and I saw a screen that says Water type:Normal Water
Sewer Water and so on
SWEET! :banana:
05-29-2006, 06:14 AM,

Thank me if you can add different watertypes
06-02-2006, 06:21 PM,

is all of black marsh a marsh. i was under the inpretion that it was also dence jungel.
Welcome to the thunder dome Bitch!
06-02-2006, 08:32 PM,

Im under impression its mainly marsh.. some jungle.. little forest.
06-03-2006, 04:23 AM,

will this swamp be like the everglades or amizon rainforest?
Welcome to the thunder dome Bitch!