Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The mystery of the amazonian release date
08-03-2005, 07:37 PM,
The mystery of the amazonian release date
Strange things happen in this world, my friends.

I did my usual survey at amazon (the German branch) recently to check out, if they had any news about Oblivion (especially which language version they're going to sell ... I don't want the localized version :eek: ) when I stumbled about something that puzzled me.

Amazon.de confirms that it will be released.

Amazon.co.uk says it will be released on September the 30th (bless our British friends).

And according to amazon.com and amazon.fr there is no thing as Oblivion ... :hmm:

As if there weren't enough mysteries in life ...

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
08-03-2005, 07:45 PM,

Doesn't Bethesda always say that any release date that doesn't come from them is bollocks and just guesswork on those who write it? I wouldn't put too much stock in that. What we do know is that it'll come out before Christmas, as the season is commercially valuable for the games industry.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-06-2005, 08:59 AM,

Just hope for Christmas, and there are good and bad sides to whatever happens - longer it takes to come out, more time to plan the mod, less time it takes, quicker start to the mod. And if it takes long enough I might actually figure out what's going on before we begin.
Things get hot when there's an Inferno str1ke

Back from outer space.
08-12-2005, 09:54 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Razorwing
Doesn't Bethesda always say that any release date that doesn't come from them is bollocks and just guesswork on those who write it? I wouldn't put too much stock in that. What we do know is that it'll come out before Christmas, as the season is commercially valuable for the games industry.
...and because Microsoft wants Oblivion to be ready for its launch of the Xbox2 aka 360.
There are conditions of the nerve endings, the likes of which your imagination, no matter how fevered, could not possibly hope to evoke.
08-30-2005, 02:11 AM,

im looking at before thanksgiving.

a) rpgamer reports the game is basically "done" in the sence of all the content is in. "a person could come to our office and now play the game to the end" basically

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2005/082305b.html

whats left is tweaks and bug work, seems to me that makes sence .."finish" the game then spend the next few months tweaking/bug fixing. eb games and gamestop both now put its release around the 20th of November. im guessing that would most likely be about right.

b). biggest shopping day of the year is right after thanksgiving. just a thought in general that oblivion would be out by then as well as expecally the xbox 360 itself.

:lmao: <--- thoughts from the people who oppose me.
08-30-2005, 07:04 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Evenios
[...]

Not quite ... this the reaction of people who try to think of a bugfree Elder Scrolls game ... :brew:

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
09-22-2005, 06:00 AM,
RE: The mystery of the amazonian release date
Don't trust that, Bethesda sayed the "Holidays"then that's when it's coming out.
09-22-2005, 05:21 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Quote:Originally posted by Evenios
[...]

Not quite ... this the reaction of people who try to think of a bugfree Elder Scrolls game ... :brew:

Greetings

Quentin
'

Teehee... Could you imagine?

I'm also thinking it's coming out sometime around Christmas. Not sure what Amazon.com is doing.
"It's only wrong if you suck at it."
10-08-2005, 08:07 PM,

More mysteries to solve.

The German page of amazon finally gave out a few more details and what does it say about the game? Language - German. :bash:

Has anyone of you heard any kind of information that there will be localized versions already? I have difficulties to believe that, but I won't spent my hard-earned money on a german version.

Greetings

Quentin
10-08-2005, 08:43 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Has anyone of you heard any kind of information that there will be localized versions already? I have difficulties to believe that, but I won't spent my hard-earned money on a german version.

Yes, it was mentioned in the Console Wars interview back in August where Pete Hines says, among other things:
"We do have plans to fully localize the game in a couple of countries. Definitely Germany and France."
- the interview
- my little news post
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]