Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new Soluthis
08-27-2008, 12:57 AM,
The new Soluthis
I've been updating the claim maps these last couple of days and thought I'd post a screenshot of how Soluthis looks these days. Click on it to get to a page that shows the worldspace division and closeups. [strike](I have yet to make map 8 yet.)[/strike] Ed.Rw 2008-08-26, 04:05 C.E.T.: I have now.

[Image: overview_med.jpg]

In case you're wondering, yes there are trees and water in the city Big Grin They just don't render when you generate local maps from the Construction Set. Funny thing about those local maps, they carry too much information. On a 256x256 map image only about 242x242 pixels have information about the cell, the rest of it is for adjoining cells, so if you just lay them next to one another it'll look really weird. To get them to display properly, for you fellow html jockeys out there, I had to set them as the background image in a cell and then make the cell 242 by 242 pixels. Or 120 for half resolution, 60 for quarter, 30 for eighth, and so on. To make composite images I used a freeware program called Fotosizer, which is really good. Run a virus scan after you install it though, because it comes with a trojan. Which isn't a big deal if you have a decent virus program, mine disabled it without it causing any harm.

But anyway, I digress. I found it amusing to watch the composite shot of the city, because I never get to see all of it together like that otherwise, and it was useful too because now I can determine which direction to lean on when I reshape the remainder of it. Because as you can see on the map there's virtually nothing northwest of Reich Parkeep, which makes the city feel off center by quite a bit. So I think I'll cut everything north of the Temple (The horisontal rows at the top, 45 through 47) and shift it west and south, so it winds up on the opposite shore of the palace hills. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-27-2008, 02:24 AM,

Looks good RW

Just for info... what is going to fill the 36/38, -14/-16 space

It appears as a southern portion of the imperial district

I suppose..would that be correct ?

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
08-27-2008, 02:20 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by bob196045
Just for info... what is going to fill the 36/38, -14/-16 space

It appears as a southern portion of the imperial district

I suppose..would that be correct ?

Do you mean the South Imperial District? If you look closely at the map image above it looks decidedly empty and barren, because it shows the main worldspace which doesn't have much of the contents the child worldspaces have.
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
08-27-2008, 08:04 PM,

Yes thats it

I was wondering on the main map it doesn't show up with the buildings
even when you increase the resolution to 256

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories