Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The sound card of doom.
09-30-2006, 03:52 AM,
The sound card of doom.
Edit: Uninstalling, reinstalling, and then updating the drivers fixed the problem. Yay! Big Grin

[strike]I installed an X-Fi Platinum today, it's almost working, except for one thing... sound channels aren't working correctly. :bash: I have both headphones and 2.1 speakers, same problem on both. I've messed with CMSS-3D, changed speaker setup between a billion different things and back, messed with the balance in volume control, updated drivers, unplugged/plugged back in my speakers and headphones, switched between front panel connector and back panel, messed with THX configuration, switched between game mode and entertainment mode, restored defaults for everything countless times... and STILL, either: a) sound intended for left channel doesn't even happen and sound for right channel goes to left channel, or b) sound intended for either channel goes to left channel (this depends on what I try do to in THX calibration).
Please, can someone help? I don't want to go through Creative's sub-sub par tech support. :no: That would mean :mchm: times 100,000 if I did.[/strike]
09-30-2006, 05:21 AM,

#1 step try a different pair of headphones i know it may seam kinda dumb and maybe those work on some other audio device but just try it.

#2 Remove then reinstall the drivers,I had a minor problem with geting my soundblaster autogy 2 working right and this fixed it.
if it says it cannot edit your registry, cancel the install, to go to google and search for unlocking registry editing then get a program for it. then try installing it again.

If it works or not post an update on its status. i maybeable to find you a fix for it, if its not fixed, tell me and ill do some looking into it.

Nice card by the way I defintely have plans to get one eventyaly for myself after i get my new hardrive thank you $8.00 Per hour job i totaly scored on wendsday not more than 5 minites after my interveiw Big Grin
Sincerly
Green Cutlass
09-30-2006, 10:18 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Green @nt1-n00b
#1 step try a different pair of headphones I know it may seam kinda dumb and maybe those work on some other audio device but just try it.

#2 Remove then reinstall the drivers,I had a minor problem with geting my soundblaster autogy 2 working right and this fixed it.
if it says it cannot edit your registry, cancel the install, to go to google and search for unlocking registry editing then get a program for it. then try installing it again.
#1 If it happens with both my speakers and my headphones (speakers are Altec Lansing, headphones are Sony), then I don't think it's a device-specific problem.

#2 I driver cleaner'ed the original drivers when installing the new ones. Didn't run into any registry problems, either.

Quote:Nice card by the way I defintely have plans to get one eventyaly for myself after I get my new hardrive thank you $8.00 Per hour job I totaly scored on wendsday not more than 5 minites after my interveiw
Just make sure you don't have an nForce4 mobo unless you want to risk getting the Rice Krispes syndrome. Tongue

Edit: Uninstalling, reinstalling, and then updating the drivers fixed the problem. Yay! Big Grin
09-30-2006, 03:27 PM,

Mine isnt even an Nvidia Chipset so im all in the clear on that one, Radeon Express with crossfire compatiblity and socket 939 for AMD Athlon 64's.
Sincerly
Green Cutlass