Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The story continues ...
04-25-2005, 09:56 PM,
The story continues ...
Yes, the rumours are true and yes, you have heard right: work on the actual version of Silgrad Tower has started once again and it is our hope to get a final version together until autumn.

I will use this thread to keep you informed about the progress as I have taken it as my responsibility to see what needs to be done.

If you still play the plugin, please report any bug or glitch you find at the Bug Report. The problems about the quests are known and will - hopefully - be dealt with at a later date.

Feel free to volunteer for the time will come when I'll need help with the task. As soon as I know what needs to be done, I'll contact those who have applied.

And if there is anything else that comes to your mind, don't refrain yourself from posting it here ... I'm grateful for any suggestion.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
04-25-2005, 09:59 PM,

:goodjob: :applause: :party: :hugall:

There are a lot of unused statics and other things in the plugin, and I personally think it would be great if they could be cleaned out to some extent for the next release. Statics are the easiest as they can't be created in-game from a 0 reference count, i.e., if the reference count is 0 then it is not used (to the best of my knowledge). Statics can be enabled and disabled, as I do a lot in Sakatosh Ancestral Tomb, but they have to be in the world for that to be possible. Items on the other hand can be added to the player's (or anyone's) inventory even if the reference count is 0. I think there's a special sword store in Silgrad City that uses that system. Eru Onaye maybe?

But if I remember correctly, doing a text search in the editor for an item's ID should reveal if a script is using them. Might want to test that with the swords though, as I could be wrong. There are like forty of them listed in pairs with one twin having a nopickup script and the other twin a reference count of 0, so they're easy to spot.

I made a teapot for Deus which I don't think was ever used. If you have the site on your harddrive there's a couple of screenies in the silgrad/forum/attachment folder. Also - and feel free to beat me with a Silver Staff of Shaming - I added certain items that I planned to use but never got around to.

Personally I also think it would be good if a new release could be squeezed in between now and the final release, to get people's attention. I can hook it up to various download locations.

A sidenote: I uploaded a bunch of bug shots to the gallery today. They're very old and have already been fixed (in case you spotted them sometime and wondered).
¤ How to add images or files to your post ¤ Silgrad's UBBCode
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
[Image: SignatureBannerRazorwing.jpg]
05-17-2005, 08:48 PM,

@ Quentin: As it's been 3-4 weeks now, can you share any news on how the development is going? Because I'm really looking forward to Beta 4.

Is there anything I can do to help?
My pet peeve: huge images in img code. I reserve the right to make any such image into a clickeable thumbnail whenever I see it.
Angel mired in filth
05-24-2005, 09:11 PM,

Being completely occupied with work, removing viruses (from my PC as well as from me Sick ) and the festival last weekend the last two weeks have been ... erm rather quiet.

My personal timeline: end of survey until the 31st of May, calling loudly for help in the first week of June Wink, and having another Beta (or rather unofficial) version ready end uf June, beginning of July ... oh, and adding some prayers in-between that nothing out of ordinary happens to me or my equipment.

Greetings

Quentin
That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs, but what a ship is - what the Black Pearl really is - is freedom.
05-25-2005, 12:11 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Quentin Fortune
Being completely occupied with work, removing viruses (from my PC as well as from me Sick ) and the festival last weekend the last two weeks have been ... erm rather quiet.

My personal timeline: end of survey until the 31st of May, calling loudly for help in the first week of June Wink, and having another Beta (or rather unofficial) version ready end uf June, beginning of July ... oh, and adding some prayers in-between that nothing out of ordinary happens to me or my equipment.

Greetings

Quentin

I'm sorry to hear you've been sick. I hope you're feeling better again.

Your timeline sounds like a great plan Smile

Did you get my notes earlier, by the way? During the end of august I added unused stuff to the internal release, particularly the dreugh armor, which should be deleted, I think.
Angel mired in filth
05-29-2005, 07:40 PM,

After doing quite some bug-fixing the last days I got somewhat curious about the size of our mod and did a little survey. Right now Silgrad Tower consists of

234 exterior cells and
486 interior cells

summing up to a total of 720 cells. :pop:

Under these circumstances I will meditate a day or two about a appropriate approach how to finish the mod. Wink

Greetings

Quentin
05-30-2005, 05:51 AM,

I could run another script and dialogue check, if you want to. If I recall correctly we had about a dozen of dialogue bugs in there... And that is without counting all the spelling errors Sad
Scripting-on-demand
05-30-2005, 10:17 AM,

Hi Elathia,

if wouldn't be too much trouble, I'd appreciate it immensely. So feel free to run that check and I'll try to think about how to handle the spelling errors.

Greetings

Quentin