Poll: Thieves Guild in Silgrad Tower as...
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Honourable Thieves following Jim Stacey's ideals
0%
0 0%
Sometimes violent thieves, in it for the profit.
0%
0 0%
One branch of the guild following Jim Stacey's ideals, the other doesn't care much about honor/rules
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thieves Guild
04-05-2008, 04:03 AM,

How about basing the questline on the return of Jim Stacy or even a power struggle over his return?
If I'm smiling you shouldn't be.
04-05-2008, 09:00 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dephenistrator
How about basing the questline on the return of Jim Stacy or even a power struggle over his return?

If we had someone interested in being Guild Steward, that person could propose such a questline

Big Grin

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-05-2008, 09:31 AM,

Do you mean guild steward in the mod or the forum? If you mean the forum then I can't believe noone volunteered for a major guild already!
04-05-2008, 12:59 PM,

The Thieves Guild we know from TES3 was more or less destroyed. An in-game book from Oblivion says:

Quote:The best documented case of a Thieves Guild was found in Morrowind. For a brief time Gentleman Jim Stacey ran a ring of thieved that robbed wealthy merchants and nobles all across that island nation. During the recent Nevarine incident, the Fighters Guild and the shadowy Morag Tong eliminated this band of thugs. The final fate of Jim Stacey himself is not known.
Though a little later:

Quote:Although the Fighters Guild has claimed credit for wiping them out, some historians believe the group merely went deeper undercover.
The Fighters Guild questline I'm working on right now will focus on the conflict between crime factions in Morrowind. The 'undercover' remnant is called the Bal Molagmer.

I wanted to have another violent crime faction called the Thieves Guild, but I also wanted to leave the door open for a peaceful Thieves Guild storyline. So the answer ended up being two separate guilds: The new Thieves Guild and the Bal Molagmer (remnant of the TES3 guild). You can read a little bit of what I typed here. The only thing that should be different is the name. A lot of what I typed can be changed just to fit the plans for a playable faction.
04-05-2008, 10:35 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Dephenistrator
Do you mean guild steward in the mod or the forum? If you mean the forum then I can't believe noone volunteered for a major guild already!

Well, it's a very, very hard job to be a guild steward, and it requires an incredible amount of work.

If someone wants to do the thieves guild, that'd be awesome, especially for stealth players. There are many, many unique things that can be stolen, and many ways to make it more difficult, interesting, challenging, ect.

And from what TID's said, it looks like the possibilities for a Silgrad Thieves guild are endless. Jim Stacey could have escaped to the mainland and set up a remnant of the old guild, or you could form a completely new guild, based on totally different principals.

It all has to wait for a guild steward though, and people who have that much time and energy are rare (or else the job would be taken)
Leader of the Morag Tong
Hail Mephala
I do work sometimes - I swear!
04-05-2008, 10:48 PM,

Ok, I know of all the requirements of actually creating the entire guild, mission people, ect. But other than the CS stuff, would there be much else? For example, what on the site would I have to do beside run and moniter threads claims, and e-mails? And If I were the stewerd would I be alowed to create the missions I suggest myself? (I only ask because they always seem to be assaigned, at least from what I know.) I actually did this quite well in both Morrowind and Oblivion and I have been told I have a very good perception of what the player wants to see in the game.
04-06-2008, 01:21 AM,

You'd probably moderate your own sub-board for the faction (like with the Fighters Guild, Mages Guild, and Morag Tong) but that doesn't really entail much. You'd also write the main story for the faction. Look at the current boards to get an idea of what is typically done.

I modded quests I thought up, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do so. I had a fair bit of fun with the first few... more than I should have perhaps. Blush It'd be up to you what you want to set up as modding claims, though I think it should be the steward who mods the actual quests. Which faction would you be modding?
04-06-2008, 07:54 AM,

The thieves guild.
04-06-2008, 10:17 AM,

Yes, what TID has said

The other things as I have said in the past and now again

Anyone interested in Stewarding a Guild should provide a proposal of what they plan for the guild, this doesn't have to be a breakdown of the indiviual quests only the story of how the guild will fit into the Silgrad Mod

As we have discussed in the past, we would like the Thieves Guild (Guild of Thieves) to take a minor role. The letter TID linked from the Imperial Library though it is fan written, it does make more sense than anything

Based on our dicisision's of past regarding the guild.. TID has layed out a superior questline for the Fighters Guild that includes the thieves guild and Bal Molagmer in their minor roles

So the aspiring Guild Steward will need to consider those factors in creating a questline for the Guild and work closely with TID in this regard

EDIT:

It was brought to my attention that the info in the link provided by TID is not fan fiction but from an Oblivion book

I stand corrected....thanks

Enjoy
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
04-07-2008, 05:24 AM,

When you mean small role do you mean it can only effect the mod as a whole in a small way, or that the guild needs to be minor with few quest, or am I wrong?