Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thieves' Guild
02-16-2006, 09:20 PM,

1. Balmora Thieves not really safe... just still surviving....
Cammona Tong in Balmora suffered a massacre...

2. Wolverine Hall itself is strong and NOT handed over to Telvanni, sorry if I was not clear... however, the small group garrisoned within will leave the Telvanni alone, they are powerless to do anything to the Telvanni

3. Cammona Tong's influence on Hlaalu is declining a bit because Orvas Dren was blackmailed and kept low for awhile.... since then, the Cammona Tong has been trying to get more influence in other Houses and also trying to regain influence of Hlaalu
02-16-2006, 09:56 PM,

Thank you for clarifying. Then may I offer additional reasons that Wolverine Hall would not be able to protect the local thieves?

1) General decline of Imperial power. Yeah, they're still around, but they're not really in charge and can't afford to get the locals mad. If a Dunmer group wants to take out a faction of criminals, then there's nothing the Imperials can really do, assuming they don't equally want the criminals gone.

2) A surgical strike on any base, especially one outside the walls and immediate confines of the fortress, has a high liklihood of success if those performing it are well-trained. Even without the Imperials, there is some law enforcement in Sadrith Mora (even if it is Telvani), so I would expect the massacre to have been a quick and sterile operation, either assassination-style or mafia-style, maybe with teleportation to get out afterwards.
02-16-2006, 10:02 PM,

note that Cammona have little influence in Telvanni...
the wandering and spread out Telvanni style is not very suitable for Cammona Tong....
however the Cammona Tong could potentially go there and kill them, then Almsivi teleport out...