Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This looks promising...
11-20-2006, 01:12 AM,
This looks promising...
The Bloodsworn

I am quite jealous...At times like this I wish I could rig armor...
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-20-2006, 02:10 AM,

Yeah, i wish there where more modders who know how to rig armor.

I'm not sure if we will ever see Ra's samurai armor in-game :eek:
Akavir mod leader.
11-20-2006, 08:40 AM,

maybe we could merge with them or something? We have the concepts and ideas and they have the know howSmile
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
11-20-2006, 03:46 PM,

I think a merger unlikely. They have all the cards, after all. What are we going to bargain with? Charm and good looks? We don't even have good looks - we have nothing to offer that mod.
Her eyes, though which crystal tears gave light,
shone like the moon in water, seen by night
11-20-2006, 04:07 PM,

I don't even want a merger, it's not as if they have a good samurai armor model, and we do.
We just need to rig the armor and clothes, and we need to bring some buildings in game.
It's not that we don't have anything to offer, it's not that bad Wink
Akavir mod leader.
11-20-2006, 09:18 PM,

Agreed. Their armor and models aren't great. To me it just felt good to look at a new mesh, I have been reskinning so many lately it is quite refreshing to look at something that is supposed to be samurai armor. I don't think merging is the right idea, I think making the mods' stories compatable is what is important.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
11-21-2006, 12:00 AM,

Well, i'm not saying that their models look bad... but i just don't like their samurai armor concept art.
But for ninja or warrior monks, their concept art & models are good.
I prefer to have more realistic japanese armor and clothes because i know their names and how they look like.
When i see a model of an armor that is called "samurai armor" and i can't identify the type, to me it's just not samurai armor at all.
Ignorance is bliss Big Grin
Akavir mod leader.
11-21-2006, 09:10 AM,

knowledge is power, Guard it well Smile Your right but I didn't see any ninja armor. Alo theres a mod that makes arrows you shoot and then you can climb up[ and noise maker arrows and stuff
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
11-22-2006, 01:29 AM,

Yeah, it's the Thieves Arsenal =)

I want to use noise maker arrows for our mod, we will also need some japanese arrow models, i want explosive arrows too.
Akavir mod leader.