Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those Void guys...
12-11-2006, 03:55 AM,
Those Void guys...
Void

I first saw this mod a few months back I wasn't impressed then... I am impressed now. They say they are willing to pool resources. I for one believe anything that makes akavir come out faster is good. Am I a traitor?

Jokes aside, I like the armor concepts, I like a few of the weapons, and I really like the Castles.

I will mod exclusively with this mod if you feel it is best for the mod.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
12-11-2006, 04:06 AM,

Hmm...

It is interesting indeed. The stuff seems good. Very large, very broad concept. If they can do it, more power to them.

I have always considered Akavir not to be a TC mod, just an addon. That would seem to be supported by our presence here at Silgrad. Of course, Kodama would be the one to make any final decisions, but I feel that Akavir is fine where it is.

If they wish to pool resources, that's fantastic. I, personally, have no problem with this - we will have to contact the individual modelers who have contributed to our mod to ask permission to share the models. And, if they want to let others use some of their models, I will certainly not refuse.

But, I do not think we should merge with this mod. They are who they are, and that's great for a TC. But, we're specifically Akavir, not just feudal Japan or Orient.
Her eyes, though which crystal tears gave light,
shone like the moon in water, seen by night
12-11-2006, 04:09 AM,

Yeah there stuf looks great and if there willing to join them I'll be happy with it if tyhat was okay with kodama
:elk:
:worship: :worship:
12-11-2006, 05:10 AM,

Their castle model is from a website where you can download a lot of japanese models for free.
We had them a long time ago but no one ever brought them in-game, anyway... i believe that they don't have collision boxes for the castle.
And some of the models posted there are from Ra, you guys should really see his latest work in progress... his samurai helmet is awesome.

I registered on the Void forums a couple of days ago and i have talked to some of their team members.
I want to help them with some things, and i'm sure they can help us too.
They seem to have problems with rigging something (clothing/armor?) so if you can help them with that Corthian, then please do.
Pooling resources is a very good idea, i'm all for it :check:
And don't worry about merging mods Cogidubnus, we will only share things (if they want to).
Akavir mod leader.
12-11-2006, 02:01 PM,

Everything I've released so far has been made available to both this team and theirs. I will make stuff exclusively for either team though. We don't want two mods with all the exact same models. The helmets I'm currently working on are just for this team since Kodama is such a armor buff. I'm sure I'll make some for them as well, but they will be different.

Yes, Mirrored has been working on Chayas' models to get them in game. They don't have textures and they are extremely detailed so it's very time consuming. I love his models, but I enjoy modeling so I try to limit myself from using his stuff. The Minka I did is his model though. If any of you are interested it tackling his models, I have two suggestions.

1. His structure models are REAL places, even the farmhouses. You can usually find them by google. Take a look at the real photos and make/use lots of textures for the model. I think my Minka used over a dozen inside and out and that was a fairly plain structure.

2. Optimize his models. His models, especially the buildings, are very high poly. A few in an area is fine, but a whole village of his stuff will hit FPS. Delete any polys or faces that won't be seen. Examples- Any polygons that will be underneath the house once it's placed on the ground. When doing the exterior of a house anything inside should be deleted because that doesn't need to be rendered at that time. Every single post, beam and wall he makes has all the sides on it. Most of these polys are never seen because they are covered up by other parts.
I deleted over 50% of the polygons on the Minka without having to get rid of a single poly that was visible.

I would like if you guys shared resources. I think you will both benefit. I mostly would like to see help each other just because I've seen a lot of teams disappear beacause the lack of contributors. In Morrowind it was known as the "Akavir curse". Any team that started out to do anything like this, never made it to completetion.
12-11-2006, 02:30 PM,

Hi there.
That's true - both mods will benefit from this cooperation. I think members of The Void won't mind if we share anything that needs sharing . Wink I will notify this matter at the Void forums though, but again - I doubt that anyone will have something against.
About chaya models... I haven't optimized them (there is modifier for that) because I didn't know that the models have to be optimized, but I think that's just one click operation. Wink

Hey Ra, you wasn't impressed the first time you saw us? Why? Wink

Regards an I hope we can cooperate from this moment much!
BTW - you don't have a musician at your ranks, right?
Michal Cielecki
Composer for Games and Media
http://www.michalcielecki.com

-------------------------------------

Akavir's Island Mod Music
12-11-2006, 08:23 PM,

"Hey Ra, you wasn't impressed the first time you saw us? Why?"

I didn't say that, Corthian did. And I'm sure it was when you first posted and din't have much to show. Just speculating Smile

Mirrored- Don't actually use the "optimize" button on the models. Bad wording on my part. It can be used for things that are extremely high poly like statues or something, but things like houses where most of the mesh is made up of cubes and boxes, it doesn't work well. Do those by hand.
12-11-2006, 09:01 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by ra5946
"Hey Ra, you wasn't impressed the first time you saw us? Why?"

I didn't say that, Corthian did.
Ahhh, sorry. I'm awfully blind. Good thing that at least I can hear so I can make music (LOL). So Corthian, why? Wink
Hell, I've just used the optimize button. But it didn't change much the mesh (I'm working on texturing the himeji castle), only it made some places more even here and there.
Michal Cielecki

12-11-2006, 09:06 PM,

I am used to buying games and such months, if not years, after they initially come out (money and hardware problems). I got Oblivion the day it came out for my birthday. I don't know what I expected but I a searched everywhere for a samurai outfit couldn't find it, the first time I heard of someone making one it was Ra's. I have been in the modding communities for many different games so I was used to seeing flashiy websites with a powerful mission statement and nothing else. Yours was one of those, no offense I seem to remember a website just like it with the name Akavir.

I believe my favorite thing I have seen on you forums was the armor concept art, never before have I seen such well implemented schematics for samurai armor.
Akavir Chief Modeller.

Modeling is easy.
Everything else is hard.
12-11-2006, 09:47 PM,

Yes, those are one of the best concept art for a mod. Unfortunately, MiideraSect who made those, is no longer member of the Void. I believe he's got into gaming industry as... concept artist. Wink
Michal Cielecki