Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time
12-14-2010, 10:09 PM,

Yay Big Grin The one and only quest I've ever made. With a load of help at that, so I guess it was my idea rather than completely my quest. I think it was sandor that helped me out with most of the scripting for it. I like the idea of rewarding players for exploration. Which was the thought behind the quest at the time, you look around enough and you'll find something to do.
To answer your question, yes. But probably no.
12-15-2010, 10:11 AM,

Hi FLESH!

To give a (very general) overview of Beyond Cyrodiil:

- Valenwood has been stuck in an almost-but-not-quite finished state for more than a year now. We decided to scale back the project to just the southern islands, which are complete, but sadly we have been unable to find a quest modder for all that time who was willing to finish it off. Luckily, very recently TOYB has agreed to fill that vacancy, so we can look forward to a release soon.

- High Rock has been starting and stopping on and off since you left (the project was shut down and restarted twice). However, the most recent incarnation (led by me and TOYB) has managed to complete the landscape generation and two cities, with more soon to come. I will be uploading screenshots soon, so keep a look out.

- Elsweyr has changed leaders since you were last around - it is now run by JaKhaJay, who has recently decided to radically reorganise the project. I'm sure she will drop by eventually to tell you more about that.

- Black Marsh has gone from strength to strength, and is preparing to release the first beta, which will include the western half of the province, complete with several new architecture sets. Ask Ibsen's Ghost (the current project leader) if you want to know more.

- I'm not sure what's going on with Akavir to be honest. Their forums have been inactive for a while and I suspect the project may be dead.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
12-15-2010, 11:33 AM,

I can give you a quick update on Elsweyr:

Ja'Kha-jay and The Old Ye Bard decided last spring that the old version was beyond hope and needed a complete revamp. I took on managing the resources and JKJ created a new heightmap but had problems getting it across from the terrain generator so I've been reworking it since October.

The heightmap is now finished and I'm rather pleased with it. It's 1:1 scale with Tamriel and blends into a copy of the original but in its own worldspace. It covers almost all the vanilla world plus Valenwood for LOD and I'm in the process of defining the presets for region generation.

I'm hoping to get region generation done in the next few weeks - either on my PC (which seems to be holding up) or handing over to Deeza.

Hopefully there will be shedloads of work to do on Elsweyr starting in January. You heard it here first, folks.
Morcroft Darkes
12-15-2010, 05:28 PM,

Hey Deeza Smile

Glad to hear Valenwood is going to be released in some form. I don't think the lofty goals we set off with were even possible to complete in any satisfactory way on the gamebryo engine. Hopefully people will get to walk on Falinesti come TESV Cool

Congrats on getting that done for High Rock too. I'm in the process of re-installing oblivion so if theres any Relz around I'll give it a look see.

About Elsweyr and @morcroft. That sounds fairly exciting, great to see JKJ still around as leader. I know the troubles of getting a heightmap into oblivion X( Can't wait to see what sort of work is going to be available. I'm coming up to a month long break, and if I'm still around here for it I'll probably see what I can do to help, if anything.

As for Black Marsh, I had a browse around the forums and I have to say the amount of progress that has been made there is amazing. I especially like that one post made by Ibsens Ghost, the pledge. It was a great read and those commandments were genius. He said what we must all have been thinking.

Shame about Akavir, but then again the less you have to work with the harder it is.

Thanks to both of you for filling me in. I'm happy to see so many projects on the verge of their next milestone Big Grin
12-15-2010, 05:53 PM,

@FLESH - you really will be very welcome, and if you want to see what the landscape should look like then do take a look at Tenmar Forest and Desert and Badlands

We're going to need landscaping in the first instance, until we get the architecture in place for the cities.
Morcroft Darkes
12-15-2010, 06:02 PM,

Wow I had not seen those pictures before! Hats off guys. If theres anything relatively small available at the time then I'd be happy to give it a go (again, time allowing). I don't want to be tackling anything over my head though and just leave you all disappointed. The second link is by far my favourite, I just completed Red Dead Redemption so I'm going to be biased in this Big Grin That gives off such an RDR vibe it's uncanny. I thought I was looking at screens of it for a second, which by no means is a bad thing in my books. Epic win indeed.
12-15-2010, 06:09 PM,

Thanks for the kind words!
Quote:Originally posted by FLESH
I don't want to be tackling anything over my head though and just leave you all disappointed.
Very wise. I'm certain we can make sensibly sized pieces of work available for anyone.
Morcroft Darkes
12-16-2010, 02:34 AM,

Hammerfell was released this summer. Your name was in the readme Smile
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
12-16-2010, 04:32 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar

Hammerfell was awesome! I suggest checking it out. It's nowehere near finished but its certainly playable to a point Smile
12-16-2010, 11:10 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by Lady Nerevar

Hah no way! Thats awesome Big Grin The release that is, I'll definitely give that a look. Did you guys manage to use any of those trees I made? I just installed oblivion but it doesn't load up and my computer just freezes up. Not quite sure what it is but as soon as I figure it out I'll get on checking out what has been going on Smile