Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tojay-Raht
04-21-2011, 12:05 AM,
Tojay-Raht
So this poor guy was just wandering along, minding his own business until I decided to piss him right off....

[Image: Tojay-Raht00.jpg]
[Image: Tojay-Raht01.jpg]
[Image: Tojay-Raht02.jpg]
[Image: Tojay-Raht03.jpg]
[Image: Tojay-Raht04.jpg]
[Image: Tojay-Raht05.jpg]
[Image: Tojay-Raht06.jpg]

Tojay-Raht - built on the Scamp skeleton and nifs as suggested by TOYB, including head morphs based on Koniptions how-to.

Can't quite get clothes working for him yet - but only given that a 10 minute try so far.
Morcroft Darkes
04-21-2011, 06:09 PM,

Cute... :yes:
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
04-22-2011, 08:37 AM,

That's looking amazing Morcroft :goodjob:

Can't wait to have them wandering around the place!
04-22-2011, 06:34 PM,

Looks awesome this one Morcroft! That's a Khajiit! Smile
04-24-2011, 11:41 PM,
Update
What the well-dressed Tojay-about-town is wearing these days:

[Image: Tojay-Raht07.jpg]

"Khajiit smell ... Breton. Pah!"

[Image: Tojay-Raht08.jpg]

Uh oh - upset another one.

[Image: Tojay-Raht09.jpg]

Now where did he learn how to do that?

[Image: Tojay-Raht10.jpg]

I'd just like to point out that I thought I hated UV mapping until I discovered weight painting. Grooaaann!
Morcroft Darkes
04-25-2011, 04:18 AM,

That's excellent! Perfect for lowerclass/homeless Tojay-Raht, or Skooma addicts -do you think you could also rig the pair of shackles onto the Tojay-Raht? Then we could also use it for slaves (particularly for the introduction quest where the player finds themself on a slaveship -and excellent opportunity to showcase the new Khajiiti form early on).
04-25-2011, 08:09 AM,

Don't see why not. Can't remember - are there shackles in the vanilla game or have you sent / pointed out some?

Edit: Scratch that: found 'em: clothes \ lowerclass \ 05 \ m \ gauntlets.nif - of course! What else???

Don't forget this is a "creature" not an NPC so it can't "wear" the shackles in the normal sense. They will have to be added in the creature model editor so it would be hard to take them off if we ever wanted to liberate a slave.

The Scamp skeleton is so distorted by the animations it's really hard to get clothes to work, so I'm not making more clothing styles in a hurry. Do you think the same shape could be used for higher-status Tojay with a retex?

I can imagine with that body shape you probably wouldn't want long trousers or skirts anyway.

Also, I've yet to look into Koniption's ideas on dialog we discussed before.
Morcroft Darkes
04-25-2011, 11:04 AM,

Quote:Originally posted by morcroft
Don't see why not. Can't remember - are there shackles in the vanilla game or have you sent / pointed out some?

Edit: Scratch that: found 'em: clothes \ lowerclass \ 05 \ m \ gauntlets.nif - of course! What else???

Don't forget this is a "creature" not an NPC so it can't "wear" the shackles in the normal sense. They will have to be added in the creature model editor so it would be hard to take them off if we ever wanted to liberate a slave.

The Scamp skeleton is so distorted by the animations it's really hard to get clothes to work, so I'm not making more clothing styles in a hurry. Do you think the same shape could be used for higher-status Tojay with a retex?

I can imagine with that body shape you probably wouldn't want long trousers or skirts anyway.

Also, I've yet to look into Koniption's ideas on dialog we discussed before.

In lore terms, I can't really make a retex work for higher class Tojay/Tojay-raht's with this particular piece of clothing, because it shows the chest-fur of the Khajiit (which is taboo for the bi-pedal forms of Khajiit -but I'm sure a slave, a Skooma addict, or a beggar would really care about breaking taboo), however a differnt shirt that covers the entire torso would work fine.

Also, I would suggest rigging a robe to the Tojay-Raht/Tojay, because it's easily retexable (with lots of variants possible), works for both male and female with little adjustment, and has no issues with lore (and infact, works with known lore on Khajiiti garments, it was S'rathra's preferred clothing style in Redguard) -and if you were to rig it, I would suggest making a differnt variant of the base Tojay-Raht/Tojay with the legs, arms, torso, and anything else covered up by the robe deleted, and then you don't have to worry about any clipping, which in turn makes rigging it less painful.

And haven't forgotten about the model, but it's easy enough to swap out the creature for a variant, or just not bother with taking the shackles off the creature.

Also, don't worry about the dialogue idea's for the moment, as it stand now we can, with not too much effort, set one of these up as a talking Npc, the only issue would be that during dialogue the face wouldn't move, which while isn't the greatest, it is something that can be revisited at any point, even after we start using them ingame -which brings up another point, clothing for the Tojay-Raht can also be done at anypoint, even after we start setting them up, with AI, quests, etc.
04-25-2011, 07:47 PM,

Ah - didn't know that about chest fur. I'll see what I can do about a robe when I get a chance - although that may be a while at this rate: mostly because of how much I've discovered I hate weight painting. As you say - I'll need to chop out most of the nude mesh from underneath to cut down on clipping - had to do that for the vest, too, and it was still really hard to stop it happening. The low-down scamp gait is going to make even that hard without making the Tojay look like a VW Beetle.

Given I've done the hard work on the parts of the Scamp mesh the animations really distort, it shouldn't be too hard to fill in the chest area to make a shirt or buttoned jerkin.
Morcroft Darkes
04-26-2011, 12:03 AM,

[Image: pgtte_v3_race_khajiit.gif]

Well that's an image of a Khajiit out of the PGE, Third Edition, now if you can make the model of the vest resemble that slightly more (bringing the two sides in/connecting them), I could do a retex to make it look fancier (atleast middle class), and I can also texture-in the drawstring.