Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Topal
03-01-2010, 12:19 PM,
Topal
If you're going to be doing a restart of this mod, are there any plans to do the teaser trailer of Topal Island, as we were originally going to do?

I assume that Topal will also be smaller in the new heightmap.
Core Member of Black Marsh (Lore and Modding)

Retired Editor of Silgrad Tower

77 interiors completed and counting!
03-01-2010, 06:48 PM,
RE: Topal
Why restart and scrap old progress?
03-01-2010, 06:57 PM,

It wasn't my decision, but I agree with JKJ and TOYB. The original plan was too ambitious - the heightmap and cities were way out of scale with Cyrodiil and this left too much landscape detailing and interior making to be done.

03-01-2010, 07:48 PM,

Yup, it's planned, it's on the Height Map, and if you look at the World Map I made, it's included on it in the same style as the main landmass Smile And yes it will be smaller, like everything else (now at Oblivion's scale, because we're sane).

We still have all the assets for it aswell, so we're sweet to make it Smile
03-02-2010, 12:32 AM,

Seigfried, we are not going to scrap everything entirely. TOYB and I decided that the old heightmap was a case of biting off more than we could chew. We are currently working on a importing a newer smaller heightmap. Senchal will be copied over in its entirety. Orcrest is going to be slimmed down drastically and moved. Rimmen more than likely is not coming to the new heightmap party. Aside from the cities there are a handful of exterior claims in the old worldspace to move across
For ALL my concept art in one place look here:
http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/bb249/JaKhajay/

What is the Lycanthrope, in the Eye of God? A cursed Beast? Or a Miracle?
03-02-2010, 08:23 PM,
RE: Topal
If its going to Oblivion scale now (and porting is taking place) why not cooperate with Illiana's Elsweyr? There's still 40% of Elsweyr missing from that one (much of which, like Senschal you already have).
03-02-2010, 08:31 PM,

That would be ideal, but they seem determined to make their mod in the same worldspace as Cyrodiil, which puts a pretty strict limit on how much larger they can make it.

03-02-2010, 09:14 PM,

Not to mention the two mods have very distinctive styles, and Illiana's Elsweyr not following lore as closely (opposed to this mod, where a much higher lore standard is maintained).
03-03-2010, 05:57 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Deeza
That would be ideal, but they seem determined to make their mod in the same worldspace as Cyrodiil, which puts a pretty strict limit on how much larger they can make it.

onra is currently generating a complete heightmap with LOD for all Tamriel. He has already completed Elsweyr, which to my knowledge works fine (though something needs to be done expanding the world map.
03-03-2010, 07:02 PM,

Quote:Originally posted by Siegfried
Quote:Originally posted by Deeza

onra is currently generating a complete heightmap with LOD for all Tamriel. He has already completed Elsweyr, which to my knowledge works fine (though something needs to be done expanding the world map.

That Heightmap doesn't follow the most recent borders and is in the Tamriel Worldspace, I've just created the basis of a Height Map, which Ja-Kha'jay is finishing off, and we've got a pretty much finished World Map to go with it Smile