Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trade route
07-24-2006, 05:07 AM,
Trade route
Howdy

Another thing I noticed about the ancient gate area is their is no trade road to and from Skyrim, traders traveling with carts or pack animals to and from skyrim have no means to get their good in, they can't very well bring their carts and animals up those massive staircases and into the building

so my thoughts are to open up an area south of the gate and place an Imperial guard post who will monitor the flow of traffic and direct traders to report inside the gate to the tax office
or
have a post with guard and tax agent to collect taxes as you leave or enter morrowind, basically you'll be stopped at the gate and be made to pay, of course this is all just icing on the cake

For the PC the assumption will be that the player has bought something through the course of play and when trying to pass through the gate will be required to pay a tax, say 10% of the players current money (in inventory)

any thoughts comments or suggestions ?

Thanks
Bob
I am a free single guy again, but I am still addicted to Elder Scrolls

http://z10.invisionfree.com/Island_of_Ra...hp?act=idx

[Image: qxbkbqrcde.jpg]

Enjoy the Great taste of Diet Bob, with Zero Calories
07-24-2006, 12:36 PM,

How about the option to evade the payment, but then you get "Your crime has been reported" and you'll need to pay the fine or see a fixer. BTW is there a fixer in the main town? There probably should be one.

Later,
Steve
07-24-2006, 02:21 PM,

Yes
If you try to leave the gate without paying then your crime is reported
when you approach the guard at the outpost or the guard inside the gate (at the doors) The guard will say: Halt you can't bring those goods into skyrim/morrowind without paying the export/import tax. the player can choose "pay" or "don't pay"

Im thinking if we make the tax based on how much gold the player has in inventory (10 or even 15%) then it would also be even cooler to have a bribe option, whereas you can attempt to bribe the guard
(not the same as the persuassion bribe)

07-24-2006, 05:47 PM,

Hmm... Maybe a way of getting past them without them noticing would be best, I don't like the idea of having to pay my way into another province...
07-24-2006, 07:00 PM,

Thier will still be lots of ways around it.

The presumption being that when you go "through the gate" the guard will automatically assume you have items which you will be selling or trading, in which case you need to pay an import/export tax

It could be a ranged effect similar to RW pirate ship adventure, when you enter the area where the guards are located ( a small area ) its effective, when outside that area all is fine