Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transparent Textures
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM,
Transparent Textures
I'm limited with what I can do with Photoshop Elements 7 which is what I use. I'm guessing this problem has to do with the alpha channels but I managed to retexture Leo's crystal groups to green (at least, I think it's green - I'm colourblind). The real problem is that, unlike Leo's crystals, mine are solid and you can't see through them. I was going to upload pics but these forums won't allow me to do so for some reason. However, you can clearly see how the outline of the crystal behind is visible with the blue ones but not with the green ones in my pics: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/1267925/Crystals.rar .

I've copied the glowmap and normal maps which I'm pretty sure shouldn't need changing but I still get a solid texture every time. Does anyone know how to make them transparent?
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
Lizard King - Leader of the Black Marsh mod
[Image: Buserbar.jpg]
09-04-2009, 07:34 PM,

youre probably saving your texture at DTX1, which elimitates the alpha channel. Make sure to save it at DTX5 (or 3) and to have an alpha channel on the regular texture. if youre using a new model you need to add a niAlphaProperty to the corresponding branch.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
09-08-2009, 05:15 PM,

A belated thanks, LN! I shall try to remember that in future. Anyway, Koniption solved it for me a little earlier.
Cunning Linguist (Writer and Voice Actor - Lost Spires, St and many, many more.)
09-08-2009, 05:26 PM,

yea, sorry. havent been on the webs in a while.
Mongati HoonDing tiavo; li-mansao einei diang.

Cassandra for the memospore era
09-08-2009, 05:38 PM,

Hey, no probs. It was my thanks that was belated. =)